• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting a scout scope to winchester 9422?

johnl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2006
Wet Coast
Gents

I have a 9422M and a leupold 2.5x 28 scout scope. Want to get them together. Googling like mad to see if there is a way to get them together, no joy. Any ideas, thanks.

Last edited:
There should be a dovetail groove along the top side edge that accepts rimfire style rings. At least my rifle circa mid 80's does.

Here are the goodies. Need a dovetail to weaver with a long rail to mount scope forward of the action. Or say fuck it, sell the scope and put a weaver K2.5 with regular rimfire rings on the receiver. Kinda want to go with option A.

I have a model 94 that I inherited from my Dad. It has a Burris EER scope mounted on it. When I get home tonight, I will pull it out and see how it was done.

OK, here are a couple of crappy cell phone pictures. This is a XS Scout Scope mount. I have included the link below. It looks like the only requirement is a dove tail sight 4 inches in front of the receiver, I believe your 9422 has that dovetail for the rear sight. On my rifle there is a large screw underneath the scope. This is where it attaches to the dove tail.

viewFile.html

viewFile.html

http://xssights.com/index.php?nID=scopemounts&cID=Scope Mounts&pID=scopemounts

I think I might replace the rings with some Warne quick detach rings for mine. If you don't have a screwdriver in your pocket, the ghost ring sight is useless.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
BTT since adding the link and crummy cell phone pictures.

OP let me know if you have any questions specific to the XS mount.

Hey eclipse, I'll check with the company and see if their mount can be modified to fit on the 9422 dovetailed receiver. Thanks