• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mounting a USO question

bth87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Just ordered a USO SN-3 3.8-22 with a 35mm tube and a 58mm ERGO objective. Its going on a TRG 42 with a NEAR base. My question is what ring height to use I'm wanting to use the vortex precision matched rings made by seekins and was hoping the med height will work with this setup if anybody has experience with a similar setup I would appreciate some insight.
Thanks
Ben

Re: Mounting a USO question

I have the exact same scope and med rings work great. I think I could have gotten away with lows if I had a smaler diameter barrel though.

I have an R700 with a M40/24 Contour barrel, EGW 20moa base and VTac lows. These are the lowest 35mm rings I could find and the setup is as low as I could go.
While my setup does not mirror yours, <span style="text-decoration: line-through">I could measure my objective's OD </span>and you could set a straight edge on your base and see what kind of room you need, then its just a matter of math.......

scratch that, mine's a 58mm TPal. If someone with a 58mm Ergo can get you the measurement of their objective's OD you can subtract 1.681" (35mm tube diameter) from the OD, then divide the number by two to get how much lower the objective will sit than the bottom of the tube......

I run USO lows on my 58 ERGO's. Even with a #7 truck axle barrel. It's VERY close with the #7, but still clears.

thanks for the replies guys looks like im gonna go with seekins mediums

Don't forget about the screw head on the ERGO. Adds .064 to the dimension.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget about the screw head on the ERGO. Adds .064 to the dimension. </div></div>

Mine just barely scrapes the barrel with the lows

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget about the screw head on the ERGO. Adds .064 to the dimension. </div></div>

Mine just barely scrapes the barrel with the lows

</div></div>

You should cut a notch in the barrel to keep it from scraping
wink.gif

Barrels are cheaper than glass...