• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Mounting AICS 1.5 on 700P

Kasumi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
New York, USA
Got a 1.5 stock here on the HIDE, going to mount it up this weekend on a Rem 700P. All I know is use a 3/16" wrench and torque to 53in/lbs.

Any advice, anything else I need to know for a successful outcome?
Thanks

Re: Mounting AICS 1.5 on 700P

I have one on my Rem 700 Sendero SFII which is pretty much the same thing except stainless. I just threw it on there and it fit perfect. Should just drop in for you as well.

Searching around I found mention of snugging the front bolt first. Then alternate equally between the two, torque to 53 1n/lb what about the recoil lug, do you try to position that to rear?

Start screws. Stand rifle muzzle up/weight on butt pad. Snug front screw. Snug rear screw. Torque front screw. Torque rear screw. Enjoy.

I grip the action and stock together firmly so that the screws seat evenly... snug- finger tight, muzzle up--> 1/4 torque front, then 1/4 back...then 1/2 torque F/B, 3/4 F/B, full torque

I don't like going full torque at once...just how I am. Probably due to too many rifles not properly bedded.

Thanks for the posts, I mounted it up last night per your recommendation. I have a Harris on it, Leupold scope, badger rings ready on the side waiting for a base. SWFA are out of stock on the MK4 base. Ordered waiting on delivery.

thanks again