• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting an Atlas Bipod to a GRS Laminate Stock

PeterThePan

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2022
Switzerland
Hello,

Hope I`m in the right section with this...

Has anyone here mounted an Atlas bipod to a GRS laminate stock?

I have a GRS Sporter that I would like to mount an Atlas bipod to. Unfortunately the stock doesn`t seem to come with too many options to mount a picatinny rail, since it has lots of cutouts where additional drilling / setting screws might be a rather delicate matter.

Has anyone ever mounted a picatinny rail / spitgot to a GRS laminate stock? How did you do it? Any ideas?

Regards
Pete

Just use the sling stud and add a T nut for the other end of the pic rail, it's real easy. I like the seekins srs rail as it has a mount for a sling.

Thanks for the suggestions. Just ordered the BT17 rail. Should be a good fit, we`ll see.. :)

Just use the sling stud and add a T nut for the other end of the pic rail, it's real easy. I like the seekins srs rail as it has a mount for a sling.

Thank you for the video with the mounting instructions. I will go the T nut with screw plus and sling stud route.

Any idea if the jags of a T-nut will work with a laminate stock (e.g. will they drive into the laminate wood)?

Thanks for the suggestions. Just ordered the BT17 rail. Should be a good fit, we`ll see.. :)

Thank you for the video with the mounting instructions. I will go the T nut with screw plus and sling stud route.

Any idea if the jags of a T-nut will work with a laminate stock (e.g. will they drive into the laminate wood)?
They should, most of the laminate stocks are birch, it isn't that hard of a wood. I always add a little epoxy too to mine, no need to crank it real tight to get it to stay in place.

At one point yes, on a GRS Berserk synthetic, but the idea is the same. I used a generic piece of pic rail that was of appropriate thickness to be stiff. On the inside of the stock, I epoxied a small strip of 1/8" steel filed to fit the machined out portion of the forend. After everything had a good time to cure, I lined up and drilled my holes. The 1/8" is sufficient to hold threads so I tapped the holes and secured the rail through the steel. I added thread locker to the through bolts and backed with a little lock nut for good measure. Holds just fine, tight enough to flex the stock if you load the bipod heavy enough

Reactions: PeterThePan
At one point yes, on a GRS Berserk synthetic, but the idea is the same. I used a generic piece of pic rail that was of appropriate thickness to be stiff. On the inside of the stock, I epoxied a small strip of 1/8" steel filed to fit the machined out portion of the forend. After everything had a good time to cure, I lined up and drilled my holes. The 1/8" is sufficient to hold threads so I tapped the holes and secured the rail through the steel. I added thread locker to the through bolts and backed with a little lock nut for good measure. Holds just fine, tight enough to flex the stock if you load the bipod heavy enough
Just now saw your post. The part with the 1/8" steel certainly sounds like an insteresting approach too. Should be pretty stable I guess..