• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting an Atlas Bipod

Re: Mounting an Atlas Bipod

New to list and just bought the Savage 110ba LM. I want to put an atlas bipod on this gun but need help. Anyone know how and what parts I need to make this happen??? Thanks for your help...Dan G

The Blackhawk Swivel Stud Picatinny Rail Adaptor part number
105-BH-71RA00-BK has the sling swivel stud up front.

The other doesn't have the sling swivel stud and is called the Shooters Ridge Swivel Top Picatinny Rail Adaptor part number
105-STR-99530.

I just mounted the 105-STR-99530 on my GAP Crusader and my Atlas and it works awesome.

Henry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Henry M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Blackhawk Swivel Stud Picatinny Rail Adaptor part number
105-BH-71RA00-BK has the sling swivel stud up front.

The other doesn't have the sling swivel stud and is called the Shooters Ridge Swivel Top Picatinny Rail Adaptor part number
105-STR-99530.

I just mounted the 105-STR-99530 on my GAP Crusader and my Atlas and it works awesome.

Henry </div></div>

Have any pics of the mounts on your rifle?
-Shaun

I'd like to see it mounted too.

I'm not understanding what prevents it from spinning with only one attachment point?

And their website doesn't even explain their own product.
crazy.gif

I haven't posted any photos yet, don't you need to establish a web site and photos on that site. I haven't set up my on site.
If you want to see photos of the mountsplus.com and just enter the part number I gave. It mounts over the sling swivel stud, you secure it just like a sling swivel and is the picatinny rail is held in by two Allen wrench screws. I also used a little blue loctite.

Henry

If you don't have a picture, can you break down the install, step-by-step?

I thought the whole purpose of the piece was to not drill into your stock? If that's the case, what do the allens screws thread into?

Is there a rubber gasket that sits under the pic rail, with adhesive?

...Disregard, after looking at about 10 different sites, I finally found somebody's review that actually explained the parts for the system and how the set (allen) screws prevent it from spinning.

Why Shooters Ridge website doesn't explain their own product is beyond me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan G.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New to list and just bought the Savage 110ba LM. I want to put an atlas bipod on this gun but need help. Anyone know how and what parts I need to make this happen??? Thanks for your help...Dan G </div></div>

I just bought a small picitinny section from YHM, a couple 4mm (I think they were 4mm) screws, washers (had to use two sizes to both fit the screw and span the large gap), and nuts and presto, atlas successfully attached. Hope this helps!

Henry, and all, Thanks guys am still in a quandary??? I have went to the site you have suggested and still don't know if any of the suggestions will work on my Savage .338 110ba LM. The forearm metal stock is rectangular in shape with the factory swivel support being only 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. The measurement from the center of the swivel to the back of the factory support is only 5/8 of an inch long. I have plenty of room in the other direction on this factory support. So the question now is what are the distances of the mounting hex bolts of the systems so far suggested? Thanks again need your help and expertise......Dan G

Dan; just take a look at the photo of the actual part and don't make it more complicated then it needs to be. Just give mountsplus.com a call to get what you need. That is where I got my rail mount.
Henry

Henry and "P",
Thank you, thank, you, thank you. I ordered the AFAR BT28 two days ago from
B & T Industries just to see if I could make it work with the supplied nuts. The AFAR will not be here until Tuesday. Crazy that I did this but as you know i was desperate. Lucky for me that you guys were out here.

"P" the link you provided me is great and I want to thank you now rather than later.
Thanks again guys
Dan G.

Hey Mid,
Thanks for the info! But truth be known the web site "P" suggested was the bong... tongue sticking out or not!!!

I followed his/her (PC) suggestion to that web site and it gave me everything I needed to install my AFAR BT-28 BiPod rail for my ATLAS Bipod. I took off the savage tri rail that comes from the factory that I installed on my 110BA .338 LM.

I just finished drilling the stock by hand and installed the AFAR BT-28 rail. It is dead nuts on!!!

I ordered a single scope rail with 20 MOA from Ken Ferrell and also a A-191 tapered unimount with 20 MOA from Optics Planet giving me a total of 40 MOA.

I also have a NF 5.5-22X56 MOAR zero stop scope on order with 100 MOA (50 up and 50 down). Hopefully I will still be able to zero at 200 yrds. What do you think?

Thanks for you post.

Dan G.

Thanks for your post.

Dan G.