• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting Bushnell Fusion bino's to tripod?

nimoz

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2009
North Kali
I have the 10x42 version of the Fusion 1600 and they don't have a horizontal screw in mount as some other binoculars do, but there should be other ways to mount them?

I found this one, but it's too expensive and I don't know how it would fit.

opplanet-swarovski-el-swar-tripod-adapter.png

Re: Mounting Bushnell Fusion bino's to tripod?

I have the Fusions also and I've been trying to figure something out along the same lines. Something secure/stabil. It's a bit difficult trying to range deer/coyotes out at 600-700-800 yards, and do it quickly before they move out of the opening they are crossing.

Nimoz,

If you do not mind would you wrap a tape around the binos just in front of the power and range buttons on top for the circumference and then measure the distance between the centerline of the eye pieces with it set for your eyes. I am curious to see if we may be able to help you out with this. Thank you for your time and if you would like you can send me an email [email protected] with the information.

Take care,

Danel

I will get some measurements for you. I'm needing something for this same application.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: platypus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nimoz,

If you do not mind would you wrap a tape around the binos just in front of the power and range buttons on top for the circumference and then measure the distance between the centerline of the eye pieces with it set for your eyes. I am curious to see if we may be able to help you out with this. Thank you for your time and if you would like you can send me an email [email protected] with the information.

Take care,

Danel </div></div>

Email send,
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nimoz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: platypus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nimoz,

Take care,

Danel </div></div>

Email send,
Thanks</div></div>

Nimoz,
Let me know what you find out please. I'm needing something as well if they offer something reasonably priced.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Nimoz,
Let me know what you find out please. I'm needing something as well if they offer something reasonably priced. </div></div>

No - I want to be the only one
smile.gif

OK, maybe one other...

This interests me as well, I have several Precision Rifle Solutions products and would love to see a Bushnell Fusion mount

I am also interested in a sturdy solution for this also

Short update.
I tried a mount with new straps from PRS that works very well for my application.
- I put it on a quick disconnect plate, but you can also easily loosen the velcro strap instead.
- Tightening the strap did not change the eye-piece alignment.
- Rocking the binoculars will make the whole tripod sway - mount won't wiggle.

Some pics below. For product details, contact Danel at PRS - he is very helpful - A+.

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

I've been using the PRS LRF cradle strap system for a while now with the Swarovski Laser Guide and it's awesome. If you want to lock your optics down into position for obs on a certain area this is a good way of getting it done.

When you're not using it, clip it off, put the rifle cradle back on and throw the LRF plate in your pack.

Easy, nice photos.

First I would like to thank Nimoz and 96C for their feedback and guidance to insure we get a product in the hands of shooters that they will use. The pictures are great thank you for posting.

The plate pictured is the same plate as what we use for the Leica LRF adapter listed on the website. We have changed the strap design to hopefully accommodate several different pieces of optics gear to include binos and other brands of Laser Range Finders. This version of the LRF adapter is not yet listed on the website, and we may just have to call it something like “universal optics tripod mounting plate”. I am headed to the SHOT Show in a few hours with one of the goals being, to see what make and models of binos and LRF's this will fit. We will make it as adaptable as is practical and be adding it to our product line shortly.

Being able to mount your LRF and binoculars to a tripod increases accuracy with the LRF and reduces fatigue when trying to observe with binos for any length of time.

Comments are always welcome, as feedback leads to better products.

Danel

Danel,

I've asked about this a couple times also back in December when nimoz was asking. My post is actually one or two below his. I never heard back anything from you or him. I'm still needing something like this for my Fusions. If one is avaiable could you PM me a price for it please.

Interested in a "universal optics tripod mounting plate" myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: platypus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> First I would like to thank Nimoz and 96C for their feedback and guidance to insure we get a product in the hands of shooters that they will use. The pictures are great thank you for posting.
Danel
</div></div>

just ordered.. thx..
smile.gif

A fantastic deal. Will be waiting to see the compatibility list.
My Leica binocular mount was $95 on sale and has gone up since then.

Damn, this only complicates my decision again. I kept going back and forth between the Bushnell Fusion 10x42 or the 12x50. I decided to go with the 10x42 for stability especially with out a good way to mount it on a tripod. But now....? Either way I'm going to order the mount!

Danel, just placed an order.
smile.gif

Hope your strap would fit Bushnell Fusion bino well.

just wanted to say, i got mine last week, "Universal Optics Tripod Mounting Plate " its built like a tank and its a FANTASTIC price...

u have to respect a company that sells a great product with out over pricing it and hosing the customer...

my ONLY suggestion, is that the company marks is vary lite, if its a roll stamp, it needs to be done harder, if engraved, needs to be deeper..

Ring,

We appreciate the feedback and kind words. We are still working on trying this tripod adapter on anything that may be applicable to using on a tripod. Hopefully I can get to some other retailers and try some other pieces out over the next week or so and get some pictures posted to give a better idea of its versatility. As for the logo it is engraved and the depth varied form piece to piece so a new floating tool head that is on its way will make for a consistent mark. If anyone has something they would like me to track down and see if this may be a solution to mounting it on a tripod please do not hesitate to ask and I will see what we can do. Thank you for your interest and support.

Take care,

Danel