• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mounting height.

Sixpakastan

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Missouri
Just recently put my scope on my rifle and think I may have gone with the wrong height rings.

I went with Badger Ordnance low rings once I get behind the rifle laid out prone I have to dig in with my cheek a little to get a good clear site picture. How much of a problem is this gonna be? I know a snap shot is out because I'll be fiddling with canting my head a little bit to the left to take out the clipping.

The plus side to this is I have figured out my natural point of aim fairly quickly as I had to lay on the rifle about 200 times to make sure it wasn't me moving but I did mark the cheek rest and I am within a millimeter or two of my marks everytime I put my head down and I'm on target I just need to cant my head a pinch to get to it.

If I switch these out to medium height rings will I have to start all over with my cheekweld?

If any of this makes sense tell me a way to shim it move it or move my head diffrently and I'll be happy to try it.

kinda broke right now and the thought of another 150 bucks on rings and letting these new rings sit there and collect dust does not appeal to me but if that's what it takes then I guess that's what it takes.

Thanks
Six

Re: Mounting height.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only you can decide if your scope's at the right height for you....... </div></div>

I was afraid that was gonna be the answer.
frown.gif

Re: Mounting height.

Depending on who you bought them from, and how long ago it was, you should be able to return them.

In my case, that was one of the first questions I asked the gal at OpticsPlanet. I told her that I knew I was cutting it really close, and If I got it wrong, could I return them. She said yes, and I had 30 days to do so as long as there were no wear marks and the packaging wasn't all torn-up.

Just a thought,

-Pat