• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mounting option for new scope / Hensoldt ZF 3.5-26x56

Lofty

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2008
Lenexa KS
So I pulled the trigger on my dream scope, a Henny ZF 3.5-26x56, I couldnt pass up on Eurooptics sale price.

Anyways, the main tube is an unusual 36mm. I know a lot of guys use the Era Tac mounts but I prefer rings VS mounts. Anyone have suggestions on a high quality set of 36MM rings?

Cursory Google search indicates that Zeiss makes 36mm rings, but they're split top/vertical...

You're only options are ERA-TAC and Spuhr (also make it in cantilever but they do not make rings for them) .

Looks like American Rifle Company makes 36mm M10 rings, just not in their QD-L Mount

**Didn't catch that you where looking for rings instead, I'd go ARC M10 Rings for sure**

Last edited:
I don't know if Spuhr makes 36, you'd have to check. If they do, they are hands down, bar none, my favorite. I use a one piece base on my GAP-10, but I went with Spuhr rings on my A.I.
The rings have level built in just like the one piece mounts. They use 6 torx screws per ring to 1) spread out the clamping force 2) Torx are much easier to get torqued correctly, and not as prone to stripping out.
I have quite a bit of time behind the Spuhr products. They are a bit more expensive, but compared to your scope, they are nothing but worth it.

I chose the ERA-TAC mount when I took advantage of the eurooptics price. Good choice on the scope!!! If you search 36mm rings on the eurooptics web site you'll find ERA-TAC rings. If they're anything like the one piece mount they should be pretty stout.

Thanks for the input guys.....I went with ARC, always loved Ted's products.

Nice to know Im not the only one that got sucked in on that scope. Hope it is worth it!