• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting Premier 3-15 in Larue SPR Mount Issue

FromMyColdDeadHand

40X Mafia
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2008
CO
Going to use a JP upper as a super SPR type rifle with a PH 3-15 mil-Dot. Mount is a Larue SPR/MR Lt-104. This is my first time mounting this kind of scope on this kind of mount. PH says to use 15in/lb of torque, Larue when I talked to them, suggested 45in/Lb of torque. Not wanting to give into my inner Gorilla or spend $200 bucks on a torque wrench, I got a 25in/lb fixed wrench. I mounted the scope, used levels to get everything square. Tightened the bottom screws first, just like Larue suggested and tightened the top at 25in/lbs. Well, the scope is loose.

Anyone have exprerience with the with scope and mount combo? Should I use the short end of the allen wrenches in the bolt and almost get after it tightening the bolts? What's a common reference for 45in/lbs?

Thanks!

Re: Mounting Premier 3-15 in Larue SPR Mount Issue

The Larue mount is a bit tricky. The key is to make sure the bottom screws are tightened before the top screws.

Don't ask me why, but that is the way it must be done.

How tight did you torque your screws? Just by hand?

No, the bottom screws must be tightened a bit, maybe 15 in/lbs to start.

The same thing happened to me. All I did was add a little more muscle behind the torque and it tightned up.

I have 2 of those mounts and I bottom tightened one like you and Larue said and then cross tightended the other one when I installed them and niether has come loose but I did have to add a little more torque for both to tighten up.

Got it mounted and shot it today. What a scope and mount!