• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting suggestions for a Primary Arms PLx 6-30x56mm Scope on a Q Fix Rifle

bmackrell

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2021
Northern VA
Just bought a Primary Arms PLx 6-30x56mm Scope (w/Illuminated ACSS-Apollo-6.5CR) to go on my Q Fix 6.5 CR rifle. Any suggesting on a good set of rings or cantilevered mount to go with? I think I need to be at least 1.5" or more but I'm not sure. I'm going to be taking measurements tonight.

With the cost of some of the mounts I've seen I decided to wait until I could get an exact measurement before purchasing.

Looked at the following mounts:

Thanks in advance.

BillMac

I have several of the AD recon mounts, like them very much. Does your rifle set up like a traditional AR or more like a traditional bolt gun?

The mount referenced is a cantilever for AR-style ergonomics. I don't know your gun.

If the question is about mount quality and reliability, AD is great. If it is about something else, please specify.

RC,

I would assume it sets up more like an AR since there is a full length M1913 Picatinny top rail. (see pic below).

THE-FIX-RIGHT-SIDE-OPEN.jpg

Quality and reliability are major concerns for me. Also adjustability.

Thanks,

BillMac

When I think quality and reliability, Primary Arms does not come to mind, but maybe I am living in the past.

That is a cool looking setup, and yea, seems to be of the AR-style setup, the AD would be my choice.

When I think quality and reliability, Primary Arms does not come to mind, but maybe I am living in the past.

That is a cool looking setup, and yea, seems to be of the AR-style setup, the AD would be my choice.
That scope is made in the same top tier Japan OEM factory as the scopes that get all the love on this site. They have been building for us for years. We produce product in Japan, Philippines, China and USA. We have in house engineering and I have had more than one OEM say our standards are much higher than some of the bigger guys.
Rancid Coolaid. I see you are in Houston. I would be glad to show you around our 50,000SF facility and get you current on who we are.

Last edited:
Reactions: db2000
I had a nightforce unimount 20moa 1.5” on my fix and it was great. Had a vortex amg up top.

the nf mounts match the color scheme of the fix perfectly and i have yet to ever have one come loose or any issues at all. Usually pick them up used for $160 on the hide here.

When I bought the rifle I had originally decided to buy a NightForce scope for it. They are well known for their quality and durability but can get pretty pricey. After searching long and hard I was a little overwhelmed with all the models and reticles available. Being my first long range rifle I thought I would sit back and do some research. After reading numerous reviews for long range shooting I saw a mention of Primary Arms. I've purchase several of their red dots for other guns I have and I've always found their quality to be very high and quite affordable. Sometimes an unknown source to many. Then some of my former military buddies pointed out the licensed reticles they offer (in some products) so I started digging deeper. This particular scope has an interesting reticle that ties into long range shooting with 6.5CR.

Just bought a Primary Arms PLx 6-30x56mm Scope (w/Illuminated ACSS-Apollo-6.5CR) to go on my Q Fix 6.5 CR rifle. Any suggesting on a good set of rings or cantilevered mount to go with? I think I need to be at least 1.5" or more but I'm not sure. I'm going to be taking measurements tonight.

With the cost of some of the mounts I've seen I decided to wait until I could get an exact measurement before purchasing.

Looked at the following mounts:

Thanks in advance.

BillMac
Get a 20 MOA mount. You’ll want that for shooting long distance

That scope is made in the same top tier Japan OEM factory as the scopes that get all the love on this site. They have been building for us for years. We produce product in Japan, Philippines, China and USA. We have in house engineering and I have had more than one OEM say our standards are much higher than some of the bigger guys.
Rancid Coolaid. I see you are in Houston. I would be glad to show you around our 50,000SF facility and get you current on who we are.
I might take you up on that.

Reactions: Screach