• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Mounting Thermal to Helmet Question

pwc001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2008
Shreveport louisiana
I have a Raytheon MX-1 and have mounted it to my helmet with zip ties, not ideal, but it is working. I have a viewer that I wear on my wrist.y question is, has anybody found a more secure way to mount this type of unit. I do not have threaded hole, for a tripod, on this thermal.

Here is a pic to show.

Any ideas would be great, just trying to "not reinvent the wheel" here.

Thanks

30FBB1DA-C856-468A-88A2-1A02FC968DBD-346-0000002B7DE8C060.jpg

Re: Mounting Thermal to Helmet Question

Wrist viewer, huh? That looks like a pretty sweet set up. I've got no info for you on the mounting, but how does the wrist viewer with the NV work together? Seems like you could accidently burn your tube pretty easily.

I cant remeber who ,but someone on here had a setup with thermal on one eye ,and nv on the other eye .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ncorry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wrist viewer, huh? That looks like a pretty sweet set up. I've got no info for you on the mounting, but how does the wrist viewer with the NV work together? Seems like you could accidently burn your tube pretty easily. </div></div>

Well, I use the viewer for locating targets, and the NV for target ID and shooting. Not looking at the viewer with NV. The NV flips easily up out of the way, or just glance down at the viewer with my right eye.

This is actually a pretty novel approach to the situation. So what your after is a more secure mounting method for the Thermal Imager to the helmet yes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IPSC_GUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is actually a pretty novel approach to the situation. So what your after is a more secure mounting method for the Thermal Imager to the helmet yes?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA </div></div>

Correct.

When you have everything else that you are carrying, having to mess with putting the Thermal in a pocket or just securing it, is a pain. Also looking through the small bright viewer kills your ability to see close by your feet.

The little external screen is much easier on my eyes at night, and also has a much better resolution. But the trade-off is, you have to have the wires plugged into the Thermal.

So really just looking for ideas to mount the Thermal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out precision rifle solutions adapter plate that he developed for LRFs that dont have a threaded adapter for mounting to tripods. Could possibly work?

http://www.precisionriflesolutions.com/apps/webstore/products/show/709190

</div></div>

Thanks, that is a great idea, I will look into that.