• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mouse fart 9mm safe

1jonathan1994

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2018
Laurel, MS
So my G34 gen 3 needs at least 130 pf to cycle.
My 5 inch AR9 runs at much less
115HAP at 1.07"
Max is 4.6gr of bullseye.
I got down to 2.3gr and 725fps and the gun was eating it like candy though I could tell the bolt was sluggish and not hitting bottom.
Recoil was 22lr like.
Why aren't people loading low like this with blowback PCC?
No... I would never shoot this load through a 16inch barrel.

I load to 127 PF and run it through all my pistols and my scorpion suppressed. I could probably load lower for the scorpion but don’t see the point.

I bet it is fun though.

If the gun runs and won't stick them in the bore, I would shoot plenty of those with no issue. I WOULD make very sure every one does indeed exit the barrel.

You could also maybe find the point where you do start sticking them... might be informative to know how close to that you are.

I have always strongly preferred cast bullets for the mouse fart loads. You can generally use less powder for same speed AND have less risk of sticking one randomly in the bore and really messing up by sending another behind it.

I recently worked up a 200gr cast .358" projectile load for a 20" single shot carbine in 357SIG at 965fps. Quickload says it's about 11,000psi max and 600psi at the muzzle. It's very quiet, even without a suppressor, and has 415ftlbs muzzle energy that knocks around steel pretty well. Given the latest ammo shortage, when my .22LR supply dries up it'll be my .22LR substitute for plinking.

The same carbine will run 121gr HAPs at 2000fps and pops jugs nicely.

Get a guide rod from here and a 11,12 and 13 pound recoil spring and do some experimenting. The stock spring setup is 17 pounds.

What are you using this for? If steel challenge you need a minimum of 750fps so the bullets will breakup. Uspsa you have to make 125 minimum power factor.

Get a guide rod from here and a 11,12 and 13 pound recoil spring and do some experimenting. The stock spring setup is 17 pounds.

What are you using this for? If steel challenge you need a minimum of 750fps so the bullets will breakup. Uspsa you have to make 125 minimum power factor.
I already have 11# spring and the G34 is only reliable above 130 PF.
My PCC is what runs so low and for 3 gun stages with no steel and carbine matches it's all papers.
As long as they don't double targets 750fps should punch through