• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mouthbreathing F*tard @ Burger King and Our Colors

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
I was out with the wife tonight at Burger King in the next town over, taking advantage of cheap Whoppers and our mutual lack of desire to do much in the kitchen.

So, we're sitting there in a parking space, facing the outside play area, eating, and bearing up under the yammering and bitching of the dog in the back seat, who wants her double hamburger treat then and there. Mommy and Daddy have two speeds, too slow, and not fast enough, and she's vocal.

Anyway, out comes this guy to the foot of the flagpole, which is ridiculously tall, sporting a flag that looks like it should be the backdrop for the opening scene of "Patton." It's up there, whipping and snapping about, and he begins to lower it, and it's obvious that (a) it's coming down completely out of control, and (b), there's no damned way that he's going to be able to handle it all on his lonesome.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for real patriotism, but not at the cost of respect and dignity. We're up to our necks in the last decade, post-9/11, with people who either have the best intentions, or who would at least like to look like they have the best intentions, but at times, like tonight, the whole thing just turns into a grabasstic clusterfuck.

So, this guy has the flag bearing down on him, and it's evident that all he wants to do is get it down and out of the way, so, of course, it falls all over him and spreads out onto the ground at his feet. At this point, I've put my burger down, because I've just about crushed it into paste. As I start to get out of the car, this numbnuts actually throws it onto the ground and then drags it out flat like it's a POS rag and not Old Glory.

That was it. I sort of lost it. Shoulders forward, hands back in fists, I was halfway across the parking lot and asking him in no uncertain, loud, and profane terms just what in the fuck it was that he thought he was doing. So he looks at me and has the gall to inform me that he was in the military, that he knows exactly what he's doing with the flag, that he served under it, and that members of his family died defending it. As you might imagine, I'm losing it at this point.

So, I give him a chance to get inside, and then I go talk to the manager, having to go through this idiot POS to find her. Again, he repeats the crap about having been in the military, sandwiching in the admission that he did fold it up on the ground, and I cut him off cold right there: there's no fucking way that someone in the service could have been in a similar circumstance of <span style="font-style: italic">any</span> stateside activity and have done what he did without standing tall at a Captain's Mast, just no fucking way, and I told him so, albeit with a bit more restraint than I'm exercising now. The manager looked at him like he had three heads, and I left before I got into a donnybrook that I just didn't need.

Tomorrow I'm calling the regional management offices to see just who this restaurant belongs to, and to have a frank discussion about what one does and doesn't do with a flag. I'm used to seeing it on heads, on asses, on the backs of jackets, on cups, and frisbees, and anything and everything else that you can think of, but I've never seen it so callously mistreated by someone who would then have the nerve to claim prior military service. Really, it was all I could do not to kick his limp dick up around his fucking shoulders.

Okay, I feel better now ...

Re: Mouthbreathing F*tard @ Burger King and Our Colors

Um, why didn't you start rushing out there when you recognized this would happen?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Um, why didn't you start rushing out there when you recognized this would happen?

</div></div>

It might have been the fistful of my shirt that my wife was holding onto.

Had this occurred at my local Burger King you would have had the added dynamic of every single employee being Mexican and perhaps - and I stress perhaps - but ONE who even spoke enough English to know what you were so excited about. America is an interesting place anymore, isn't it?

You were at Burger King, what'd you expect?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had this occurred at my local Burger King you would have had the added dynamic of every single employee being Mexican and perhaps - and I stress perhaps - but ONE who even spoke enough English to know what you were so excited about. America is an interesting place anymore, isn't it? </div></div>

Ar first glance I don't necessarily look like I should have any clue as to what was wrong, either, and he was trying in his room temperature IQ way to smother my objections. About twenty seconds of rapid, colorful, and grammatically correct profanity disabused him of any notions that I didn't know just what in the hell I was talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for real patriotism, but not at the cost of respect and dignity.</div></div>

So you'd rather wait and watch a guy screw up and place the flag on the ground than risk looking silly by helping him do it properly and save the flag from being placed on the ground.

Well, at least you got to act tough in public and then come on here and post about it.

Awesome!

I see it all the time, right here in the heartland. The worst part is that the idiots do not even realize that they are disrespecting the flag. They actually think they are being patriotic, wearing pants made out of it, or flying it off the ass end of their pickup while running down the road in the rain. I literally saw a guy with pants made from what appeared to be an actual flag the other day- at the 9/12 rally in St. Louis! All is lost, guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were at Burger King, what'd you expect? </div></div>

What I expected was to have it my way.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rkg_XojVRcs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rkg_XojVRcs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for real patriotism, but not at the cost of respect and dignity.</div></div>

So you'd rather wait and watch a guy screw up and place the flag on the ground than risk looking silly by helping him do it properly and save the flag from being placed on the ground.

Well, at least you got to act tough in public and then come on here and post about it.

Awesome! </div></div>

Learn how to read and follow logical constructs. He was inside a fenced-in, locked area and not about to accept any offer of help, even if I had managed to slip my wife's grasp without ripping her fingernails out of their sockets in the six or seven seconds where it would have made a difference or having my Cane Corso come bounding out of the car behind me, looking for something to bite.

That acting tough in public shit and then typing about it cuts lots of ways, buddy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Typical Burger King employee pissed off about his job and wasn't thinking straight. If you saw that the guy wasn't going to be able to carry Old Glory the right way, why didn't you get out and help him instead of waiting for him to screw up? My wife used to work fast food when we were in High School and the stories she would tell me about rude people just boggled my mind. Heck, you could have brightened the guy's miserable day by doing a good deed for him. </div></div>

Stay out of it, Mr. Huggies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Awesome! </div></div>

Learn how to read and follow logical constructs. He was inside a fenced-in, locked area and not about to accept any offer of help, even if I had managed to slip my wife's grasp without ripping her fingernails out of their sockets in the six or seven seconds where it would have made a difference or having my Cane Corso come bounding out of the car behind me, looking for something to bite.

That acting tough in public shit and then typing about it cuts lots of ways, buddy. </div></div>

I'm so sorry, I missed where you posted about your indignation with the sole expectation of being applauded.

Furthermore, your inferred logic is just that - inferred. There's nothing of the detail of shirt shredding, fingernails or Cujo in your original tirade.

Suggestion: write "APPLAUSE" at the end of your post if that's all you're in it for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Awesome! </div></div>

That acting tough in public shit and then typing about it cuts lots of ways, buddy. </div></div>

I'm so sorry, I missed where you posted about your indignation with the sole expectation of being applauded.

Furthermore, your inferred logic is just that - inferred. There's nothing of the detail of shirt shredding, fingernails or Cujo in your original tirade.

Suggestion: write "APPLAUSE" at the end of your post if that's all you're in it for. </div></div>

Well then, tell me, Buttercup, WITF did you want, for me to v-log it expressly in the moment to your sanctimonious personal satisfaction?

The point is not my outrage or my expression of same, the point is that someone who claimed prior service could treat our flag in the manner that he did.

Troll elsewhere. You've been fed well enough here.

What gets me is all the small Flags that people put out and then never pick up.My wife is being patient with my asking her to pick them up if we see them stuck up or falling over on the side of the road.If I see one in someone's yard or by their mailbox that is falling over,I ask her to please stop and set it back up straight.My 5 year old daughter helped me put up our Flag for 9/11 and I was very proud that she took it very seriously.I got goosebumps when she immediately said the Pledge once it was flying.I'm still a young guy at 36 but it makes me feel old to see how younger people disrespect the Flag.I remember noboby saying a word in high school when an asshole who thought it would be a "statement" to burn the Flag had his error explained to him in a manner he could not misinterpret.

Thank goodness, it's not always that way...

About 20 years ago at a McDonalds in Dodge City, Kansas, there was a hell of a storm brewing up with really fierce winds. I spotted a late middle age black employee walking towards the flag pole to lower the colors.

The wind was really murder, and I walked up to him and offered my help, saying, "Sure wouldn't want Old Glory to hit the deck."

That man snapped his eyes in line with mine, and spoke with a fervor I didn't expect, " Mister, this flag will NEVER touch the ground, so long as I'm in charge off it!"

May God bless that good man, wherever he may be!

Honestly going ape shit on the hourly employee is pointless and you know that, you knew it when you did it. He should never have attempted to argue back because, well that was obviously just as futile. Honestly I see the mishandling of the flag in a situation like that as not that big a deal simply because the intent on flying the flag in the first place is much more aggregiouse. A company like that isn't flying that flag out of patriotism our nationalism. Its a iece of advertising. And being used as such, I think that is way more shame full and disrespectful.

Did the dog ever get it's Whopper?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had this occurred at my local Burger King you would have had the added dynamic of every single employee being Mexican and perhaps - and I stress perhaps - but ONE who even spoke enough English to know what you were so excited about. America is an interesting place anymore, isn't it? </div></div>

Let me guess.....Middletown?

OK, you identify the person attempting to secure the flag is in trouble while you nosh on your burger. You continue to nosh, while whipping yourself into a frenzy, and you mash you burger into a paste. However, at no time did you attempt to help the man that was in a fight to protect something that was SOOOO dear to you that you felt you had to scorn him for his "poor attempt" to secure the flag. Maybe it took too long to wipe the ketchup from your hands. You need to look in the mirror and kick your own ass.

Hell yeah brother - give them hell!!!

I've stopped and picked up little car flags before - told that story more than once here..

The flag is the last great thing this nationa has to be proud of, and damned if I'd let someone disrespect it..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In2b8u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, you identify the person attempting to secure the flag is in trouble while you nosh on your burger. You continue to nosh, while whipping yourself into a frenzy, and you mash you burger into a paste. However, at no time did you attempt to help the man that was in a fight to protect something that was SOOOO dear to you that you felt you had to scorn him for his "poor attempt" to secure the flag. Maybe it took too long to wipe the ketchup from your hands. You need to look in the mirror and kick your own ass. </div></div>

GFY. And yes, the dog got her burger.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Edit:</span> Him? In a fight to protect it from the ground? He threw it the fuck on the ground like a blanket at a picnic despite the fact that I was bawling him out <span style="font-style: italic">from outside a fenced-in, locked down area into which I couldn't enter.</span> Your self-righteousness is only equaled by your inability to process written information. Go play in traffic or something, would you?

Just one more reason to add to my list of reasons that I do not go to Booger King...

Face it guys, it's only us 'older' folks (I'm 53) that have any notion of the respect due the flag, and the patriotism for what our country used to be.
They don't teach history any more, too culturally insensitive because it's all about dead white men. They can't teach current events, because the media filters everything into left-wing propaganda. They can't teach manners anymore, because teachers can't touch, or even speak harshly to, the students.

If you never train and correct a puppy, by whatever means neccessary, it grows up into an ill-mannered dog. If you never train and correct a child, it grows up into an ill mannered, disrespectful, booger-eating, sloppily dressed, wilfully ignorant, self-centered cretin. Who disrespects the flag and all those who bled and died for it, with little or no idea of why it's bad. Wrong. Improper. Disrespectful.

Personally, I've been known to go into businesses and tell them to replace the lights on Old Glory, or to reprimand them for the way it's displayed or handled. I don't think it should be worn as clothing or flown on your car. It's a sacred symbol of our country, not a bumper sticker or pair of pants (!).

I live in a small town, and one of the business owners in town personally puts up a couple dozen small flags every day, throughout the business area, and takes them down at night. This country has forgotten or never been taught simple respect. For the flag, for other people, for themseleves, and THAT is why this once-great country will perish in our lifetimes.

1911fan

1911fan
I'm surealmost every generation has thought the next will be the last

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NY700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly going ape shit on the hourly employee is pointless and you know that, you knew it when you did it. He should never have attempted to argue back because, well that was obviously just as futile. Honestly I see the mishandling of the flag in a situation like that as not that big a deal simply because the intent on flying the flag in the first place is much more aggregiouse. A company like that isn't flying that flag out of patriotism our nationalism. Its a iece of advertising. And being used as such, I think that is way more shame full and disrespectful.</div></div>

Exactly. That wasn't a flag, it was a token gesture of advertising that happened to resemble something. In this day in age symbols are like baseball cards, only worth as much as you're able to find a sucker to pay for them. And that's a consequence of the industrial revolution, not 'dem pesky kids' Allowing yourself to get all bent out of shape over it has the sum total effect of increasing your chance of heart attack.

Thought twice about posting due to the angst over the subject matter. While passionate, your response to the situation was way overboard. This not so much by your actions but by the actions your wife made to keep you in the car (your words). While heated, you could have told/explained to him that a lot of guys died to protect what you so casually toss around and let fall to the ground. Getting overly aggressive forced a typical aggressive response. A little diplomacy might have gotten you farther then the tirade you displayed.
Regardless, let it go. Festering on it wont undo the damage done.
Hey 1911 fan,
Not true. Had some of our older guys in our department talking about a few of there sons coming back from deployment. all of the sons made comments on the amount of US flags they saw around town and how patriotic the city seemed to them now. Funny thing is we couldn't decide if they were the same flags when they left or that they just happened to be more aware of them, having served. For whatever reason, they were happy/proud to see them displayed. All is not lost.

Veer - this one's for you buddy. You can call me Buttercup anytime, I think it's great that you're out of the closet and proud of it.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TylvUGJIi_w&NR=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TylvUGJIi_w&NR=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

This is funny.

I get where your coming from Veer but look at it like that. Dude works at BK for a reason.... you could gather a little self respect and work at a halfway decent place like Chick Fil A or something!

EventHorizon, Have you ever been in the service? or just the girl scouts.

I work as a land surveyor now, I was surveying a gas station outside of Ft. Drum on Arsenal Blvd in Watertown New York. As we started working I noticed 5 American Flags wrapped around their aluminum poles and stuffed into the dumpster next to the building, in plain sight. The flags stuck out halfway, I went into a mad rage, ran into the store asked to see the manager again (as I introduced ourselves when we first arrived). I tore this guy a new one in front of many patrons, some in uniform. I told him in no uncertain terms and with colorful language, you seem to be more than willing to sell gas, beer and smokes to service men and women who fight and die for what those flags stand for, yet your total disregard for the flag putting them in the dumpster for all to see shows your true colors. Everyone in the store put down what they wanted to buy right there and walked out, a few who already pumped gas paid and called the guy an Asshole. He then sent out his helper to take the flags out and back into the storeroom. I finished the job and this ass would not even look at me, just put his head down and walked away from me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EventHorizon, Have you ever been in the service? or just the girl scouts. </div></div>

I'm not advocating the Old Glory be denied respect and proper handling so don't thump your chest at me. I'm saying Veer is all about Veer and his own unbridled awesomeness.

I dated a former Girl Scout once and we roleplayed a lot on that theme. It was hot.

You have not answered my question. Have you ever been in the service? yes or no.

Our flag is a symbol of our country. If someone has enough pride in my country to wear its flag or fly it from their vehicle, that is a good thing. Is it technically correct to display the flag in this manner? No, but it is better than the alternative.

Advertising or not, I am glad they fly her.

Our school booster club has a program where businesses pay them to put up a flag in front of the business on holidays. Are they technically displayed correctly? No, but man, I feel an enormass amount of pride when I drive into town and am surrounded by hundreds of symbols that say, "this is America and we are proud of it."

Would you prefer the alternative?

I would prefer that everyone treat the flag with respect, but its better that she is flown in any manner than not at all.

No. What difference does that make to my reaction to the OP? Again, don't try and dress this up into something it's not. I wasn't taking issue with his feelings towards the flag, but how he went about it and then his self grandising in the post.

That's what i thought. And yes it makes a lot of difference. No further reply needed.

Like others suggest, getting your panties bunched at non-.mil flag mistreatment is just shortening your life. If you only get mad at .mil people mistreating it, OK... but fact is we simply do not teach people how to handle the flag in school. We just don't. So why blow a gasket?

My feeling is that the DoD should come up with a special flag and only sell it to .mil. Patriotic or not, clearly the flag means something different to civilian vs .mil folks. To little old civilian me it stands for ideals, not just bloodshed. I don't care what people do with it in general, so long as it's not my personal flag.

Oh no! They defaced my symbol! That conjures 7th century societies' sensitivities. Y'all fighting men should be far, far more offended by flying of NON-AMERICAN flags than technicalities in handling a domestic one. That is a blatant F-U to american ideals. Cuban, Mexican, Somalian, Ethiopian, and Puerto Rican flags are all over, as literal proclamations of legal conquest to the USA. You must be tearing 'em down in a uber-patriotic furor, right? Teaching communism to your children as just a warm and fuzzy nationalized friendship economy kinda like myspace with money ought to get you mashing burgers. You are writing letters, right, attending school board meetings? There are 10's if not 100's of thousands of gang members painting their flags on our schools, roads, and private buildings. I'm sure you roll up on them and give 'em a good talking to regularly, right? No? Flag ritual trumps gang incursion, claiming your area as turf, and pissing on your lawn? Interesting if so, and boldly patriotic I must say.

The special .mil flag treatment thing ought to be recognized as the esoteric knowledge it has become in lieu of honest education from childhood, so I recommend your own limited distribution flag so that the purchase club all knows the secret handshake. Thinking 300 million know it... it's being silly. They don't even know who their congressmen are or more than a half dozen presidents. If you want a symbol, and you want it respected, you need to own it. The USA flag is not the flag of fallen soldiers, sorry.

If you disagree with what's above, consider this: If the flag is so important to you that you will confront strangers over its mishandling, but you haven't confronted gangs in person in your town and you drive by graffiti, then what the hell does the flag really mean to you? It's more important than your real-life country if you choose protecting it first... or perhaps, just maybe, and as I contend is generally the case with flag tightasses, offending you and america is actually OK with you, but offending fallen soldiers is not. If that's the case, DoD needs a flag for that purpose. That way, no dichotomy will exist while you ignore real attacks on americans and american ideals right on your front lawn.

No, I didn't serve(I'm sure I must not be eligible to comment on the flag just being an American). Yes, I do confront punks claiming what is not theirs to claim or acting like they should be feared in public places. Now, it's a little more involved and high-stress than "You're doing it wrong" with colorful language and making a phone call to HQ at your leisure to let gang leadership know you're a little miffed about the disrespect and whatnot... but it's probably more satisfying too. Try it. The flag thing will yield, at most, a little education and a selfish pat on the back for guarding symbolic cloth. Use that energy to save America instead, Her land, our property, and our lives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like others suggest, getting your panties bunched at non-.mil flag mistreatment is just shortening your life. If you only get mad at .mil people mistreating it, OK... but fact is we simply do not teach people how to handle the flag in school. We just don't. So why blow a gasket?

My feeling is that the DoD should come up with a special flag and only sell it to .mil. Patriotic or not, clearly the flag means something different to civilian vs .mil folks. To little old civilian me it stands for ideals, not just bloodshed. I don't care what people do with it in general, so long as it's not my personal flag.

Oh no! They defaced my symbol! That conjures 7th century societies' sensitivities. Y'all fighting men should be far, far more offended by flying of NON-AMERICAN flags than technicalities in handling a domestic one. That is a blatant F-U to american ideals. Cuban, Mexican, Somalian, Ethiopian, and Puerto Rican flags are all over, as literal proclamations of legal conquest to the USA. You must be tearing 'em down in a uber-patriotic furor, right? Teaching communism to your children as just a warm and fuzzy nationalized friendship economy kinda like myspace with money ought to get you mashing burgers. You are writing letters, right, attending school board meetings? There are 10's if not 100's of thousands of gang members painting their flags on our schools, roads, and private buildings. I'm sure you roll up on them and give 'em a good talking to regularly, right? No? Flag ritual trumps gang incursion, claiming your area as turf, and pissing on your lawn? Interesting if so, and boldly patriotic I must say.

The special .mil flag treatment thing ought to be recognized as the esoteric knowledge it has become in lieu of honest education from childhood, so I recommend your own limited distribution flag so that the purchase club all knows the secret handshake. Thinking 300 million know it... it's being silly. They don't even know who their congressmen are or more than a half dozen presidents. If you want a symbol, and you want it respected, you need to own it. The USA flag is not the flag of fallen soldiers, sorry.

If you disagree with what's above, consider this: If the flag is so important to you that you will confront strangers over its mishandling, but you haven't confronted gangs in person in your town and you drive by graffiti, then what the hell does the flag really mean to you? It's more important than your real-life country if you choose protecting it first... or perhaps, just maybe, and as I contend is generally the case with flag tightasses, offending you and america is actually OK with you, but offending fallen soldiers is not. If that's the case, DoD needs a flag for that purpose. That way, no dichotomy will exist while you ignore real attacks on americans and american ideals right on your front lawn.

No, I didn't serve(I'm sure I must not be eligible to comment on the flag just being an American). Yes, I do confront punks claiming what is not theirs to claim or acting like they should be feared in public places. Now, it's a little more involved and high-stress than "You're doing it wrong" with colorful language and making a phone call to HQ at your leisure to let gang leadership know you're a little miffed about the disrespect and whatnot... but it's probably more satisfying too. Try it. The flag thing will yield, at most, a little education and a selfish pat on the back for guarding symbolic cloth. Use that energy to save America instead, Her land, our property, and our lives. </div></div>

Bravo sir.

VeerG good on you confronting this disrepectful fucktard about your flag .Even in New Zealand it makes me mad seeing filthy bastards desicrate the American flag by trampling or burning it .To have the flag disrspected in your own country by some oaf is even more unacceptable -mind you it is worth keeping things in perspective and dont put yourself in harms way unneccaserily ..Shame on you guys knocking VerrG for his honerable sentiments and actions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had this occurred at my local Burger King you would have had the added dynamic of every single employee being Mexican and perhaps - and I stress perhaps - but ONE who even spoke enough English to know what you were so excited about. America is an interesting place anymore, isn't it? </div></div>

Let me guess.....Middletown? </div></div>

So you are familiar with the area then?!
grin.gif
Actually, it was specifically Goshen I was thinking of(right next door)but Middletown would fit the bill perfectly as well!

Ah... Middletown.. the only burger king I almost got attacked by a Mexican employee that thought I couldn't understand his shit talk in Spanish. This whole state is going to shit quick... and that is saying something given its background!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had this occurred at my local Burger King you would have had the added dynamic of every single employee being Mexican and perhaps - and I stress perhaps - but ONE who even spoke enough English to know what you were so excited about. America is an interesting place anymore, isn't it? </div></div>

Let me guess.....Middletown? </div></div>

So you are familiar with the area then?!
grin.gif
Actually, it was specifically Goshen I was thinking of(right next door)but Middletown would fit the bill perfectly as well!

</div></div>

Yep, I had the unfortunate experience of living in the area for a year, in Chester specifically. My friend's dad was the postmaster of Goshen for quite a while. At least I met my wife while I was there and then got my ass back to Texas. Orange county, NY was the last place I expected to see illegals and I was amazed at how Middletown was crawling with them. Hell, even the Monroe Wal-Mart had a bunch. Sometimes between them and Hasidics I wondered what fucking country I was in when I went there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what i thought. And yes it makes a lot of difference. No further reply needed. </div></div>

exactly.....
how many, honestly, would have done nothing?
and we wonder why the country is in the shape it's in......
the burger king employee may think Veer is crazy, but he won't forget either....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was out with the wife tonight at Burger King in the next town over, taking advantage of cheap Whoppers and our mutual lack of desire to do much in the kitchen.

So, we're sitting there in a parking space, facing the outside play area, eating, and bearing up under the yammering and bitching of the dog in the back seat, who wants her double hamburger treat then and there. Mommy and Daddy have two speeds, too slow, and not fast enough, and she's vocal.

Anyway, out comes this guy to the foot of the flagpole, which is ridiculously tall, sporting a flag that looks like it should be the backdrop for the opening scene of "Patton." It's up there, whipping and snapping about, and he begins to lower it, and it's obvious that (a) it's coming down completely out of control, and (b), there's no damned way that he's going to be able to handle it all on his lonesome.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for real patriotism, but not at the cost of respect and dignity. We're up to our necks in the last decade, post-9/11, with people who either have the best intentions, or who would at least like to look like they have the best intentions, but at times, like tonight, the whole thing just turns into a grabasstic clusterfuck.

So, this guy has the flag bearing down on him, and it's evident that all he wants to do is get it down and out of the way, so, of course, it falls all over him and spreads out onto the ground at his feet. At this point, I've put my burger down, because I've just about crushed it into paste. As I start to get out of the car, this numbnuts actually throws it onto the ground and then drags it out flat like it's a POS rag and not Old Glory.

That was it. I sort of lost it. Shoulders forward, hands back in fists, I was halfway across the parking lot and asking him in no uncertain, loud, and profane terms just what in the fuck it was that he thought he was doing. So he looks at me and has the gall to inform me that he was in the military, that he knows exactly what he's doing with the flag, that he served under it, and that members of his family died defending it. As you might imagine, I'm losing it at this point.

So, I give him a chance to get inside, and then I go talk to the manager, having to go through this idiot POS to find her. Again, he repeats the crap about having been in the military, sandwiching in the admission that he did fold it up on the ground, and I cut him off cold right there: there's no fucking way that someone in the service could have been in a similar circumstance of <span style="font-style: italic">any</span> stateside activity and have done what he did without standing tall at a Captain's Mast, just no fucking way, and I told him so, albeit with a bit more restraint than I'm exercising now. The manager looked at him like he had three heads, and I left before I got into a donnybrook that I just didn't need.

Tomorrow I'm calling the regional management offices to see just who this restaurant belongs to, and to have a frank discussion about what one does and doesn't do with a flag. I'm used to seeing it on heads, on asses, on the backs of jackets, on cups, and frisbees, and anything and everything else that you can think of, but I've never seen it so callously mistreated by someone who would then have the nerve to claim prior military service. Really, it was all I could do not to kick his limp dick up around his fucking shoulders.

Okay, I feel better now ...</div></div>

What do you want, a fucking cookie?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what i thought. And yes it makes a lot of difference. No further reply needed. </div></div>

Wow, you're so full of shit I don't know where to start. I realize that you may have a special connection to patriotism if you served, but it doesn't make you a superior being, so take your elitist bullshit and choke on it. I greatly respect military guys, and though I have not served (for medical reasons), I still feel that serving makes you a hero... but not some sort of demi-god deserving of some special secret squirrel flag club. Lest you forget, the nation that these heroes fight & die for began it's independence with a document expressly stating that ALL men are created EQUAL. Not better if you are black or white, straight or gay, tall or short, vet or not.

Please don't misunderstand, I love and respect our military greatly. I just hate to see people so full of misguided ego that it reflects negatively on it, or the nation it stands to protect. Life isn't fair all the time, you have to suck it up and keep going, not have a conniption fit and go all "hulk smash" on whatever it is that upsets you.

Veer, I don't question your motivation, just your methods. I have been known to harass neighbors for not taking their flag down at night, but you always get a lot farther when you start off respectfully instead of just going apeshit.

Will that guy remember you? sure. Will he throw the flag down next time just to spite you? maybe. I don't like that he put it on the ground, but you should consider that he may never have been taught flag code (especially if he or his family are not US native). That is a failure of government, the school system, and parental figures, not specifically this one shmuck. Perhaps next time try "Hey man, do you know it's against regulation and considered disrespectful to put the flag on the ground? Can I show/help you how [to] do it right?"

You have to ask yourself if you'd rather see the flag at all and risk some mishandling (often just due to idiocy or ignorance), or if you'd rather everyone just keep it down because it provokes incidents from assholes.

In before the lock!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like others suggest, getting your panties bunched at non-.mil flag mistreatment is just shortening your life. If you only get mad at .mil people mistreating it, OK... but fact is we simply do not teach people how to handle the flag in school. We just don't. So why blow a gasket?

No, I didn't serve(I'm sure I must not be eligible to comment on the flag just being an American). Yes, I do confront punks claiming what is not theirs to claim or acting like they should be feared in public places. Now, it's a little more involved and high-stress than "You're doing it wrong" with colorful language and making a phone call to HQ at your leisure to let gang leadership know you're a little miffed about the disrespect and whatnot... but it's probably more satisfying too. Try it. The flag thing will yield, at most, a little education and a selfish pat on the back for guarding symbolic cloth. Use that energy to save America instead, Her land, our property, and our lives. </div></div>

There appears to be a segment of society that, when told they're fighting for the flag, don't understand that what we mean is they're fighting for the citizens of the country the flag represents and not the actual bit of cloth itself.

bcw Yes all men are equal its that some understand This countries history more then others and what the flag stands for. One of those is that you have the right to say i am so full of shit ect.ect.It also says i can do the same to you but i will not lower myself to your level. A lot of us are doers and some are arm chair umps when it comes to doing what VeerG did. Try it some time when and if you see it happen in front of you and do not be afraid of getting hurt, others have died trying to keep the flag from hitting the ground. Have a great weekend.MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try it some time when and if you see it happen in front of you and do not be afraid of getting hurt, others have died trying to keep the flag from hitting the ground.</div></div>

That's interesting because the correct response to the flag touching the ground is to hand-wash gently with soap and water. Some people REALLY hate dishpan hands.