• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moveable shooting bench

Jjg5647

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2019
Does anyone have plans or pics for a movable shooting bench? I’m 6’4” and weigh 265lbs so the folding and manufactured ones make me nervous as they seem flimsy. I’d like to make one out of 2x4 and 4x4 and add wheels but can’t l find pics of a what I’m looking for.

Thanks for the help

at 6-4/265 you should be able to get a nice sturdy CONCRETE bench and move that around with ease!

Reactions: Loner
at 6-4/265 you should be able to get a nice sturdy CONCRETE bench and move that around with ease!

Haha. I did forget to mention that where I shoot long range is a neighboring farm so I can’t leave the bench but I have a side by side and a tractor that I’d like to move it with because depending on how far I want to shoot I have to move the bench about 500 yards.

legacy products or stuckeys are good commercial choices

Eastwood #1,500 rated sawhorse, piece of 3/4" plywood cut to shape and bolted on top, Donner drummers stool. A shade over a $100 and 2 hours worth of work. A lot more stable than you think. Seats completely adjustable. Check YouTube.

Seen this in another section but thought it was the coolest thing.
1605017851763.png

Reactions: Ranger007
I remember those days. Dad was a lineman for the local electric utility. Shot a lot off of a wire spool.