• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie "Rope"...gonna be banned.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Only learned of this movie as it is now on the list of movies to be banned because it insinuates some sort of homosexual identity in a negative context....the homosexuality is not the main line of the movie just an insinuated "background" theme.

Anyway, bored with no small animals to save, I did some Google.

Its a Hitchcock movie with Jimmy Stewart as lead. The entire film is done on one set......sounds interesting.

Whats more interesting is the story its based on......

what especially caught my idea is the Nietzsche connection and how the murders thought themselves supermen not bound by societal norms........seems to be a lot of that going around today.

Ill have to see this before its gone.

Last edited:
    • Angry
    Reactions: diverdon and BLEE
    I thought I had seen every jimmy stewart movie. Guess not.

BTW, one of the best movies ever made: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
    Yep, Lee Marvin was great as a first class prick. "This ones going right between your eye's."

Leopold and Loeb​

From memory, I immediately thought Bobby Franks (victim). F'n horrible crime, one I won't forget.

I clicked on this thinking it would be Bubba Wallace complaining its racist .

Only learned of this movie as it is now on the list of movies to be banned because it insinuates some sort of homosexual identity in a negative context....the homosexuality is not the main line of the movie just an insinuated "background" theme.

Anyway, bored with no small animals to save, I did some Google.

Its a Hitchcock movie with Jimmy Stewart as lead. The entire film is done on one set......sounds interesting.

Whats more interesting is the story its based on......

what especially caught my idea is the Nietzsche connection and how the murders thought themselves supermen not bound by societal norms........seems to be a lot of that going around today.

Ill have to see this before its gone.
    "Rope" is a great Hitchcock suspense film. I've long been a fan of all the Hitchcock-Stewart films. They were great, together. Find a way to see it, before it gets "disappeared".

Reactions: pmclaine
    Pysco may be next for having a killer transvestite.

iu

Rope is an OUTSTANDING movie. Very Dostoyevsky-ish.
    Most notable, it is all ONE continuous take.
    Yes, real time, all, one, take. Very rare in today's ADHD world.
    They needed to change film reels @10 minutes and used disguised zooms for the splice moments.
    See it before our culture self-destructs.
    The best of Hitchcock IMHO.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Samuel Whittemore