• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater Movie "Shooter"

Re: Movie "Shooter"

He replaced the functioning firing pins with ones that were slightly shorter which means when the trigger releases the spring loaded firing pin, it isn't long enough to contact and ignite the primer. It won't shoot a projectile.

something that made it possible for the movie to end the way they wanted it to.
laugh.gif

I wouldn't suggest trying it with just a shorter firing pin. I'm sure you could get it to work, but it'd have to be a good bit shorter depending on the spring type if it's got one, and what actually stops the forward movement of your particular firing pin. I can just see someone doing this to scare someone, and atcually shooting them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't suggest trying it with just a shorter firing pin. I'm sure you could get it to work, but it'd have to be a good bit shorter depending on the spring type if it's got one, and what actually stops the forward movement of your particular firing pin. I can just see someone doing this to scare someone, and atcually shooting them. </div></div>

.06" to .07" shorter and its a no go....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotAGuru ⊕</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> .06" to .07" shorter and its a no go....</div></div>
I dont care how much shorter it is, im not going to let someone do that to me, just in case something were to happen.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"and what actually stops the forward movement of your particular firing pin."</span>

That particular firing pin has very large external stops. It physically can't go any farther no matter the spring tension. The M200's firing pin can be removed, changed and reinstalled in one minute. You asked, so there it is.

No one would ever advocate really doing it! It's only a movie, and it was put into the movie because it was in the book.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">something that made it possible for the movie to end the way they wanted it to.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Stephen Hunter had it written in the book that way. Almost as if he knew it would make for a great ending to a movie.