• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moving from Schmedium to Pint Sized Game Changer with Git Lite fill as do everything

Tritiumdials

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2020
CONUS
I currently have a Schmedium bag and it is a touch heavy to casually lug around among other stuff I drag to an average range day. It's not the greatest as a rear bag for prone, being on the larger side. Has anyone been happy with a Pint Sized with git lite fill as a do-it-all bag? If you have both, which can you absolutely not live with?

I run a pint size heavy for everything for match and range work (rear bag, barricades). I have a pint size with git lite that I take hunting. It is not as stable as the heavy fill, but for shots I take while hunting, it’s worth the weight trade off. I would not use the git lite bag as my only bag.

I go back and forth between the Mini and Regular Canvas. Mini has sand, Regular has a mix of sand, heavy pellets and light pellets. I like both for different reasons.

Reactions: Tritiumdials
Had the pint size for a while,love it..just couldn't use it as a rear bag like I would want to.. Just got a schmedium love the ability add/delete fill and works great as rear bag in a pinch.
Honestly, after emptying enough fill to get it right where I like it.... I'm right back at the pint size...lol 😆
Sorry now that I read this, I didn't help one damn bit.😂

Had the pint size for a while,love it..just couldn't use it as a rear bag like I would want to.. Just got a schmedium love the ability add/delete fill and works great as rear bag in a pinch.
Honestly, after emptying enough fill to get it right where I like it.... I'm right back at the pint size...lol 😆
Sorry now that I read this, I didn't help one damn bit.😂
Thanks for that input, I assumed the pint size had a fill port like the schmedium.

This has been on my mind for a long time - how much do your groups improve with a rear bag against without?

This has been on my mind for a long time - how much do your groups improve with a rear bag against without?

Do you mean an actual rear bag vs a gamechanger/cookie used as a bag?

Or literally no bag at all vs some sort of bag in the rear?

I thought when you bought bags there was a accuracy guarantee associated with them, which is why some bags cost more than others.

But once cry one ??

I had to ...

“Rear bags are a crutch...”

I heard on a podcast that was the position of LE instructors in past generations

I guess I like a good effective crutch.

I just got a pint sized with git light to carry with hunting. I clip it on my belt with a 550-cord tie off...easy to forget it's even there, but I've got it if I need it. Only bag? Nah. Better than no bag and easy to carry? Yeah.

I just got a pint sized with git light to carry with hunting. I clip it on my belt with a 550-cord tie off...easy to forget it's even there, but I've got it if I need it. Only bag? Nah. Better than no bag and easy to carry? Yeah.
What deters it from being your only bag?

The shmedium and a precision underground small rear bag is all take to match, practice, load development whatever. Sometimes the shmedium is to big for some prone stages so I got the other bag. Even though bags r a personal preference I think it is hard to beat shmedium

What deters it from being your only bag?
I've got a little pillow type bag that was popular back when that I like as well. Sometimes I use them in combination. I don't have a bipod on my hunting guns, so often work those off either front and rear bags, or a pack up front. The pint sized is awesome for dropping on top of a log, branch, rock, etc. to setup a hasty supported position. However, it's a bit small to run as a dedicated front bag.

Reactions: lash
I just recently purchased a schmedium waxed tan canvas game changer heavy sand fill. It’s about 8.5 lbs and is very full. Almost seems like it’s a little too full. I know it is preference but I’m just curious if you guys drain a little bit of fill out to a certain percentage that runs great for most situations. What is the amount that you guys have seen that works best?

I ordered a pint size with the git lite fill and it is nearly the same height/width as the smaller Cole Tac rear bag. It doesn't drape over various furniture in my home compared to the sand filled schmedium, however will reserve my thoughts after months of range time. Appreciate all input received so far.

I do wish there was a fill port like the schmedium so that I may experiment with volume and media. My schmedium weighs about 8 lb after removing some sand.

I currently have a Schmedium bag and it is a touch heavy to casually lug around among other stuff I drag to an average range day. It's not the greatest as a rear bag for prone, being on the larger side. Has anyone been happy with a Pint Sized with git lite fill as a do-it-all bag? If you have both, which can you absolutely not live with?
You can contact AG and ask for a pint sized filled with the scmedium sand and request a fill level. The schmeium sand is way more fluid flowing, whereas the regluar WCPSGC sand is a bit more gritty and solid. For that reason, I like the original as a rear bag better, but my "mini-schmed" at 80% fill from the normal amount, is a better all around one-bag for me for positional stuff, just smaller and less fill, but smoooth that locks up like quickcrete. YMMV, but AG will probably make you what you want!!

You can contact AG and ask for a pint sized filled with the scmedium sand and request a fill level. The schmeium sand is way more fluid flowing, whereas the regluar WCPSGC sand is a bit more gritty and solid. For that reason, I like the original as a rear bag better, but my "mini-schmed" at 80% fill from the normal amount, is a better all around one-bag for me for positional stuff, just smaller and less fill, but smoooth that locks up like quickcrete. YMMV, but AG will probably make you what you want!!

I have an almost identical experience. My fullsize Waxed Canvas Gamechanger works fantastic as a rear bag (and solid for front bag), but the Schmedium with about 80% fill works better for all the positional work. I used to be dedicated to the fullsize, but the Schmedium has absolutely won me over.

I can use a mini fortune cookie (equivalent to pint size GC) with heavy fill for everything except sometimes a rear bag.

I prefer (and most are trending) the heavy fill.
I do this same thing. The Wiebad WCMFC with heavy fill is my go to for everything positional, and sometimes as a rear bag. If it’s a purely prone stage, I like the Precision Underground ELR rear bag. Those are the only two bags I carry at a match.

I do this same thing. The Wiebad WCMFC with heavy fill is my go to for everything positional, and sometimes as a rear bag. If it’s a purely prone stage, I like the Precision Underground ELR rear bag. Those are the only two bags I carry at a match.

I have the max and the tater tot as well. The max is ridiculously stable but it’s just a pain in the ass to move around. Single position or something like three culverts, it works great.

The tater tot works well too. I used to keep them all in my cart.

I flew to Ca a few weeks ago for some product release testing and also shot a local match since I was there. I took the tater tot because flying and only taking one bag. I wish I’d have taken the mini WC. There were stages with a ton of movement and I dropped some points I likely wouldn’t have with the mini.

Ever since then, I’ve made myself use the mini for everything. I don’t want to pigeon hole myself into using specific bags and then be in a spot where I can only have one, and not be able to use it for anything I need to.

Ever since then, I’ve made myself use the mini for everything. I don’t want to pigeon hole myself into using specific bags and then be in a spot where I can only have one, and not be able to use it for anything I need to.
^^^this right here...i have...and have used several bags...only one a carry now is the mini WC cookie.

I flew to Ca a few weeks ago for some product release testing and also shot a local match since I was there. I took the tater tot because flying and only taking one bag. I wish I’d have taken the mini WC. There were stages with a ton of movement and I dropped some points I likely wouldn’t have with the mini.

Was curious what the 'mini WC' was so I googled it.

Is this what you're using?

mini_wc.jpg

Schmedium with a mix of sand and git lite

Ted had a nice mix @Jack Master with his to balance the weight and size,

I like the pint sized the best too, if you can master that little guy you are golden
Thanks Frank
Yeah, I had a full size game changer with the Get-lite and a Pintsize in the heavy sand. I didn't like the full size get-lite, so I opened each of them up, dumped them in a bucket, stirred it up and refilled the bags. Now each bag is a reasonable weight and the sand between the get light fill still lets the rifle settle in to the bag real nice and lets the get lite fill lockup with the sand around it.

Think about how the physics will work - the poly beads will not absorb recoil or movement but rather transfer it to the next bead. Sand will absorb it. Mixing the two gave me the the right match.

Thanks Frank
Yeah, I had a full size game changer with the Get-lite and a Pintsize in the heavy sand. I didn't like the full size get-lite, so I opened each of them up, dumped them in a bucket, stirred it up and refilled the bags. Now each bag is a reasonable weight and the sand between the get light fill still lets the rifle settle in to the bag real nice and lets the get lite fill lockup with the sand around it.

Think about how the physics will work - the poly beads will not absorb recoil or movement but rather transfer it to the next bead. Sand will absorb it. Mixing the two gave me the the right match.

Serious question. Does the mix do anything other than give you sand like results without the full weight?

Basically, that is the advantage to git + sand instead of just sand. Other than weight.

Serious question. Does the mix do anything other than give you sand like results without the full weight?

Basically, that is the advantage to git + sand instead of just sand. Other than weight.
Yes, Lighter weight is an advantage. Plus this way I didnlt have to buy anything more, it was a happy accident/experiment. I knew i could alway sift them back apart.
I think there is more to it than just the weight too. Compared to the standard game changer, the way the rifle settles in is incredible and then the bag locks up as the fill wraps round the edges of a barricade and the rifle. The fill seams to flow a little better than be a big bag of sand and you rifle sits on top of. I also took a bit of the fill out of the full size ( truly it leaked out) and that might be a difference too.

Yes, Lighter weight is an advantage. Plus this way I didnlt have to buy anything more, it was a happy accident/experiment. I knew i could alway sift them back apart.
I think there is more to it than just the weight too. Compared to the standard game changer, the way the rifle settles in is incredible and then the bag locks up as the fill wraps round the edges of a barricade and the rifle. The fill seams to flow a little better than be a big bag of sand and you rifle sits on top of. I also took a bit of the fill out of the full size ( truly it leaked out) and that might be a difference too.
Any idea a rough estimate of fill ratio was. I have experimented several different ways. I did a full fill of gitlite. Full fill of sand. I never could keep the sand from migrating to one end of the game changer when I tried to blend it; I was constantly having to shake it back and forth.

I run a AG WC Pint Size with heavy fill as my only front support/rear bag for matches and also bring around a Fat Bag but very rarely use it (it weighs next to nothing so no big deal). I have a sticky Pint Size with Git-Lite that I take hunting or for anything where weight actually matters. I've directly compared an OG full-size Gamechanger with my heavy fill Pint Size and my Git-Lite Pint Size and the heavy fill is noticeably more stable. The OG and the Pint Size with Git-Lite are damn near identical for wobble (for me).

Revisiting this subject.

After competing in a couple of club matches with the pint sized with git lite, I found it to be a tad narrow for some obstacles. I dumped out all of the sand fill from the schmedium and refilled with some lightweight stuff from a Coletac bag to about 60%. Its final weight is 1 lb 11 oz. This schmedium has been my go-to for my last two matches and practice sessions - zero issues in any positions, including prone.

My Schmedium weighed 10lbs and was almost too full. The gun almost bounced off of it. I removed close to 2 lbs from it and now it is perfect. Drop it on the barricade and the guns just settles right in there. Damn thing is still heavy though and is just a bit to small sometimes for a rear bag.

Reactions: CK1.0
Ok retard question here-- how does one use the fortune cookie as a rear bag. (I've got an Full Size Waxed OGC)

STOP LAUGHING

Watching the online training the idea is to squeeze the ears (pincer) your rear bag to control the rifle. Now obviously I can set the rifle in the "V", but that is no where near high enough, can flip it over etc, but there is no way to pincer the buttstock getting my hand around the "V" is waay to much to grab.

Also when did they start adding the straps--mine didnt come with anything but the side-straps.

Reactions: GuNn
My Schmedium weighed 10lbs and was almost too full. The gun almost bounced off of it. I removed close to 2 lbs from it and now it is perfect. Drop it on the barricade and the guns just settles right in there. Damn thing is still heavy though and is just a bit to small sometimes for a rear bag.

Hmmm... I took ~1/2lb out of mine and think it's still too firm, sounds like I might need to try taking out a little more... still getting the "bounce off" (great way of putting it BTW).

Reactions: 7mmMato
Hmmm... I took ~1/2lb out of mine and think it's still too firm, sounds like I might need to try taking out a little more... still getting the "bounce off" (great way of putting it BTW).
Try it I think you will like it. Its easy enough to put back in. It is light and day difference from the poly fill Mini Fortune cookie I was using. Much better.

I thought when you bought bags there was a accuracy guarantee associated with them, which is why some bags cost more than others.

But once cry one ??

I had to ...
I like your thinking.
Now, if someone can start marketing a bag with a "guaranteed return to zero"...........

An AG GameChanger with heavy fill is the most stable option IMO versus pellet and GL fill.
You can do almost anything with a Pint Size, only catch is if you have longer mags(AI AICS) and then the Pint Size GC may not provide mag clearance on larger flat surfaces.
I have all three GameChangers and a Solo Sack and have used a Fortune Cookie a fair bit.
If I have to take one bag it's a heavy fill Pint Size Game Changer

Reactions: Badjujuu
I shot this year's PRS/PRS-22 season using a lightweight fill in the schmedium GC and am now switching back to sand fill for my next trial. In my experience, the lightweight fill was not as stable and I found myself muscling the bag with my hand/thumb to keep its shape on various obstacles. I felt the rifle never really "sunk" into the bag either, it kind of gently floated on the surface. One note to add is both the centerfire and rimfire setups were on KRG Bravo stocks and never tipped over 15 lb - I'm moving into chassis systems now + a touch more weight for the next season.