• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moving to Joshua tree area in CA. What is the LR shooting scene like out there?

j-moose32

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2019
Moving to Joshua tree area in California. Been looking around and found one range that goes to 400 yards. Never been out that way but I figure there’s gotta be long range stuff out there. Point me in the right direction. Thanks gents!

Reactions: j-moose32
We have matches at pala indian reservation every month and there's another range that hosts prs matches monthly towards the coast in that area too

Reactions: j-moose32
Look up "Sheep Hole Pass" on the eastern side of 29 Palms Marine base.
Wide open BLM land.
There is one of the dirt roads that goes to the west where some Marines from the base made a range out in the middle of nowhere.
Road used to be marked with old rusted out Buick......some ass hat either stole the Buick or it was removed as a cleanup thing.
Admittedly it was probably a good call, but it makes finding the road a bitch.....use Google Maps satellite view.

BTW, not uncommon the find ordinance out there......do I have to say anything more ? :)

Look up "Sheep Hole Pass" on the eastern side of 29 Palms Marine base.
Wide open BLM land.
There is one of the dirt roads that goes to the west where some Marines from the base made a range out in the middle of nowhere.
Road used to be marked with old rusted out Buick......some ass hat either stole the Buick or it was removed as a cleanup thing.
Admittedly it was probably a good call, but it makes finding the road a bitch.....use Google Maps satellite view.

BTW, not uncommon the find ordinance out there......do I have to say anything more ? :)
I’m new to the idea of this BLM land. Is it just government owned land that you can go out and shoot at? I’ve got a bunch of steel so I can set up targets, just need a safe place to shoot em. I’ve never had access to real long range so I wanna make the most of it while I can

I’m new to the idea of this BLM land. Is it just government owned land that you can go out and shoot at? I’ve got a bunch of steel so I can set up targets, just need a safe place to shoot em. I’ve never had access to real long range so I wanna make the most of it while I can
Can you shoot 4miles ?
You can do it out there.....and add 20 to that.

BLM means Bureau of land management.
It's .gov land and you can pretty much do what you want as long as you don't leave a mess.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Look up 115 in the summer and rethink the move
Umm, that would be a nice day.
It's right next to Death Valley....you can literally see the entire valley from Sheep Hole Pass..
I'd say look up 125.
Bring shade and lots of liquids.
They say beer is bad for you when it's that hot.
I've never noticed an issue, and you won't get drunk.
Our normal load out was 1 24 case of beer, per person, per day.
At least 1 gallon water per person, per day....to drink, more for whatever.

Reactions: Im2bent