• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Mozambique Hunt

Chopperguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2007
Spring Branch, TX
Since there have been a couple recent African hunting posts here, thought I'd post up some pics from our recent hunt there.

This was Mid August in Coutada 12 south of the Zambezi River, a very heavily forested area.

I was on a Buff hunt and others in our party were also hunting buff and plains game. This was my third trip to the area and I really like it.

The best way to describe Moz is it is raw. Over 6500 square miles of unfenced wild country with lots of great and unique animals available for hunting.

I took my 13 year old nephew with us on this trip. He had a blast.

On day 2, we located some very promising big old buff tracks. Well, it was encouraging, however it took 6.5 days of tracking the same old bull before I got a shot opportunity. He was a very wise and really ugly old beast that liked to lay up in the tall grass every day after feeding and drinking at the same pan during the dark hours. Don't know how those native trackers do it, but this was the same bull, every day, every time.

Of course, after the shot he went into the very tall, very thick grass. That follow up was nerve racking. He had turned to wait for us, but was dead about 35 yards from where I had shot him when found.

Mike_Sam_Buff.jpg

I love shooting the old nasty animals. Especially after working so hard to get a shot opportunity.

R8_Buff.jpg

I also took a very nice wear buck on the nearby flood plains. Talk about an experience. Very hot, no shade and lots of interesting terrain to cross including papyra reed filled rivers that also were the home for lots of crocs.

Mike_Sam_Waterbuck.jpg

My nephew shot this nice wart hog after stalking and crawling through about 1/2 mile of recently burned grassland and swamp. I don't know who was dirtier, him or the hog!

Sam_Warthog.jpg

Re: Mozambique Hunt

That is one NICE buffalo.

Never cared to shoot anything in Africa except the Buffalo.

Someday. If I can get my ticker working propertly. Don't know if I could handle the heat any more.

Re: Mozambique Hunt

Man, these Africa threads are giving me the itch bad. Congrats on your hunt, and your nephew looks like he is in heaven.