• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes MP-8 RECTICLES.

Re: MP-8 RECTICLES.

It be mils.

Like this IOR MP-8 Special

MP-8DotModFFP.jpg

Center dot to first hash is .5 mils. Hashs every .5 after that. Total of 15 mils under center. 5 mils top, right and left. The last 1.5 mil reading top, bottom, right and left, are broken down in .25 mil increments.

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It be mils.

Like this IOR MP-8 Special

MP-8DotModFFP.jpg

Center dot to first hash is .5 mils. Hashs every .5 after that. Total of 15 mils under center. 5 mils top, right and left. The last 1.5 mil reading top, bottom, right and left, are broken down in .25 mil increments.

Bob </div></div>thank you very much!i've been looking at the IOR's and wondering about the recticle.

I have a 4-14x50mm IOR with this reticle and it really is a joy to use compared to the plain md on my mk4

Peeked thru JSTGlenn's IOR with the MP8. Love the extra hash marks and the increased holdover. Wish I had something similar in my 4200 mil/mil.
frown.gif

Snakum,

Here's three of a kind. Pictures taken at Glen's place back in December.

SDC10637-1.jpg

On top is John Boyette's Gen 4, then my Gen 4, then another shooters Gen 2. All are 3-18 FFP's with the MP-8 Special Reticle.

By the way, John Boyette originally designed the MP-8 Special adopted by IOR for the 3-18 FFP.

Bob

There are 3 reticles with "MP-8" in the name.

The original MP-8 reticle which is similar to the one posted above but with a standard crosshair at the center instead of the large dot.

The MP-8 Dot reticle posted above

And what IOR refers to as the "modified" MP-8 reticle that was designed by John Boyette for the 3-18 FFP scope and is now in the newer 2.5-10 FFP scopes. This reticle is very different from the other two.

Falar,

Since a picture is worth a thousand words:

MP-8 Reticle:

MP-8.jpg

MP-8 Dot Reticle:

MP-8Dot.jpg

MP-8 Special or A5 Reticle designed by John Boyette. This reticle is only found on the 2.5-10 FFP and the 3-18 FFP versions.

MP-8DotModFFP-1.jpg

Bob

I think the "modified" MP-8 is the best one out there.

but what do I know
smile.gif

If you have any questions let me know.

John

I didn't know that about the JB mod reticle. Very cool. Like the extra holdover.