• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA BA Chassis Accessories

quickdraw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2010
Las Vegas
A few of us are using the MPA BA Lite chassis on our Vudoo rifles. What type of accessories are you guys using on the rail under the bottom of the forearm? I've seen a few people with attachments where a bag was mounted directly to the rail. Is there an attachment that would snap into a ball head on a tripod? I already have a Hog Saddle. I see the Rat bipod attachment on the MPA website and I don't think an ARCA attachment will fit on the factory milled in slots on the MPA though so is the RAT the only attachment for these slots?

I'm looking for options that would be valuable in competitions. Thanks all...

MPA is RRS/ARCA dovetail

i have a MPA Comp. spigot for bipod. otherwise just use the dovetail to attach to a tripod

They fit my RRS leveling head... on my non MPA chassis's I attached a mount.

Be cautious my MPA with vudoo 18" balances well but if you go straight to a big boy rifle and forget the difference you can make an oops.

I've tried an ARCA clamp on the bottom rail and it wasn't deep enough to grab the side slots on the MPA forearm.
who made the ARCA you tried? it may be a slightly different dovetail than the now normal/standard RRS design

I use the RRS B and T adapter for my Atlas, and their Ball head on my tripod with 3 different MPA's ( two that are factory cut and one is a retrofit they did.) Haven't heard of anyone else having a problem- and I've seen several of them in use.

Thanks guys, I believe that you are correct. My ball head is a Feisol that I just bought. I believe that they may have a proprietary dovetail that is not ARCA or RRs. I'm sending its back and ordering a different ball head.

I called MPA today and they also confirmed that their dovetail rail should drop right into an ARCA and RRS mount.

I think the arca/RAT grooves on the MPA BA Comp and Lite chassis are different...at least they are on mine. The grooves on my Lite chassis are not deep enough to engage any type of arca clamp. I had to get the spigot mount to get a bipod to work on that rifle. On my BA Comp, they are fine, and grabable by everything. ??‍♂️

I think the arca/RAT grooves on the MPA BA Comp and Lite chassis are different...at least they are on mine. The grooves on my Lite chassis are not deep enough to engage any type of arca clamp. I had to get the spigot mount to get a bipod to work on that rifle. On my BA Comp, they are fine, and grabable by everything. ??‍♂️

Well that is interesting. I'll know on Thursday when my new ball head is delivered. It is ARCA and RRS compatable.

The lite and hybrid will not work with most arca clamps. They will not work with my leafoto ballhead. They barely work with my RRA arca bipod clamp. Doesn’t engage it enough to make me confident enough to use it in a comp.