• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA BA Comp Chassis Max Barrel Contour

Chargerguy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2017
I didn't realize there was a change to the barrel channel in 2019 which dropped the max recommended barrel contour from MTU down to M24. I'm waiting to hear back from MPA about it but in the meantime I thought I'd ask here as I'm sure many have experience with this. I have 2 MTU barrels on order, one for my 2017 MPA BA comp and one for a buddy's currently on order MPA BA comp chassis. Where is it that the clearance would be an issue? Is it the NV bridge and possibly the ribs under the barrel only, or is there not enough room for a 1.250" shank in the chassis either? We both wanted to run a 1.250" shank with a straight taper, but I'd like to know if that's even possible or if I need to change my barrel order to an M24. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, in a bunch of my internet searching on this, it looks like PVA orders the chassis with an oversized barrel inlet. It may also be early enough to request this change in his chassis order and then stick with the MTUs if clearance wouldn't be an issue.

I ran a Proof competition contour in the MPA competition chassis, without the NV bridge. I’m assuming that’s all they meant, as I have a straight taper on the way. guess if it doesn’t fit in the competition chassis it will be relegated to the ESR.

The largest contour offered by MPA that will fit in a BA Comp is the MTU.

The ESR Chassis will take a 1.25” straight

Reactions: Chargerguy
Well, looks like the ESR is the easy button I missed. Thanks for that.

I believe a MTU contour barrel is 4 inches at 1.25 then tapers to .930 on a 26 in barrel. I asked Woody at MPA 2 weeks ago, and his response was that a MTU would fit in a BA comp chassis. I do not think a straight 1.25 will fit.

Reactions: Chargerguy