• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA BA PMR Pro Rifle II - Folder or not?

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
I just ordered a MPA BA PMR Pro Rifle II rifle. This has their BA ESR chassis. I ordered it with a folding stock. I don't really need a folder but many people say that cleaning is easier. The rifle is already fairly heavy and the folder adds about 8 oz. I can still change the order.

Should I keep it as a folder or change the order to a non-folding stock?

If planning to use for PRS, I definitely wouldn’t want the extra 8oz in the rear to have to offset to get the rifle to balance properly.

I’m running a non-folder ESR for PRS.

I have a folder on my ESR. The only downside is the rearward weight - if you're struggling to balance a PRS rifle this is not ideal. BUT there are several major advantages to the folder: cleaning, measuring chamber/OAL, transport etc.

The folder on both my MPA's makes it MUCH easier to clean and store and transport. Wouldn't buy one without that feature. But I just bench-shoot, so I can't speak to whether 8oz makes a huge difference in other use cases.

Have a non folder. Wish I would have gotten the folder for cleaning purposes.