• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA BA22 vs Vudoo in MPA chassis?

natchomamma

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2019
Anyone know how a MPA BA22 compares to the Vudoo? I know there are significantly more Vudoo out there. MPA BA22 is about $1k less. Could I expect similar 5-10 shot groups from the MPA BA22?

Anyone know how a MPA BA22 compares to the Vudoo? I know there are significantly more Vudoo out there. MPA BA22 is about $1k less. Could I expect similar 5-10 shot groups from the MPA BA22?

Is the BA22 even available anymore seeing it was just a tricked out CZ455 which is no longer being produced? I'd save up 1k more and just get the Vudoo. Sure you can modify a 455 or 457 to shoot as accurately as a Vudoo. It's not just about the accuracy though, it's about the total package and options available that make a Vudoo a better option. I own CZ's, Anschutz and a Vudoo, I like them all but, if I had to get rid of all of them except for one, the Vudoo would be the one to stay.

I don't have any experience with the MPA/CZ combo. But there was a guy on here posting about his purchase from MPA. Use the search function and you will get some valuable information. I found it for you https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mpa-ba22-with-novice-precision-shooter.6922905/ Long story short, it was not up to par for the cost. A fully custom built Don Smith CZ 455 in an MPA went for around 1500 a few days ago. That gun is proven to shoot. Built by a guy who figured out how to squeeze every last bit of accuracy out of that platform.

You have a couple of options. Save and get the vudoo (I did after dumping money into a CZ that didn't meet my expectations). Or get a donor action, wait for the next Keystone group buy and take advantage of that. Reports are coming out and they are very impressive.

What is a "Keystone group buy"?

I don't have any experience with the MPA/CZ combo. But there was a guy on here posting about his purchase from MPA. Use the search function and you will get some valuable information. I found it for you https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mpa-ba22-with-novice-precision-shooter.6922905/ Long story short, it was not up to par for the cost. A fully custom built Don Smith CZ 455 in an MPA went for around 1500 a few days ago. That gun is proven to shoot. Built by a guy who figured out how to squeeze every last bit of accuracy out of that platform.

You have a couple of options. Save and get the vudoo (I did after dumping money into a CZ that didn't meet my expectations). Or get a donor action, wait for the next Keystone group buy and take advantage of that. Reports are coming out and they are very impressive.

The MPA 455 barrel I tested wasnt in the same league as the Keystone and Bartlein. Top 2 barrels to date of all the 455 barrels I've tested by a long shot.

The ACC 455 is the only chassis I would consider for NRL22/competition and bridges the gap between MPA/other chassis and Vudoo.

Exact same footprint as ACC centerfire with long forend. Internal and external forend weight kits, stock weight kits, folder just released, aluminum or steel bag riders and adjustable grip.

Getting a cheap 455 donor scout under $300, selling the barrel and stock and putting a Bartlein or Keystone on it gives you hell of a gun.

Ever tested Lilja?

Yep. The Lilja with shims I tested didnt shoot like the top 2 I mentioned but better than the MPA. My CZ factory 16.5" Tacticool barrel shot better than the MPA and Lilja.

All barrels were tested with many lots of all the top Lapua, Eley, SK, RWS, Fededal Gold Medal, CCI SV.

Yep. The Lilja with shims I tested didnt shoot like the top 2 I mentioned but better than the MPA. My CZ factory 16.5" Tacticool barrel shot better than the MPA and Lilja.

All barrels were tested with many lots of all the top Lapua, Eley, SK, RWS, Fededal Gold Medal, CCI SV.

Well... MPA chassis and 457 Lilja bbld action headed my way, now. We shall see, shortly....

The MPA 455 barrel I tested wasnt in the same league as the Keystone and Bartlein. Top 2 barrels to date of all the 455 barrels I've tested by a long shot.

Where was the bartlein barrel from? I see craddock precision is now offering bartlein drop in 455 barrels.

@padom is your bartlein the drop in or the custom fit one you had spun up specifically for your action?

also, odds on a second keystone group buy later on this year?

It's the Bartlein drop in they are selling 100's of. They have sold out of all the runs they have done so far. Frank told me they cant make them fast enough.

The custom fit Bartlein to my specs and special reamer is being done as we speak and should have in hand shortly for testing.

We will see on the group buy. I have 3 or 4 interested. Need 15 and it wouldnt be till Oct/Nov if I do it.

Reactions: JKW70