• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

???MPA BRASS CATCHER???

aljones_315

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2018
New Mexico
lookimg for feedback on mpas' brass catcher for bolr action rifles ? looks like a solid set up for prs nrl competitions has anyone used one had issues with one etc i really like the idea but would like some tried and true feed back before shelling out $150 on something that would be useless if it obstructs function of rifle etc

Not gonna lie, it looks slick. Cost is a little high but I assume it’s well made and prob would pay for itself after a few comps if you’re running premium brass.

Reactions: aljones_315
lookimg for feedback on mpas' brass catcher for bolr action rifles ? looks like a solid set up for prs nrl competitions has anyone used one had issues with one etc i really like the idea but would like some tried and true feed back before shelling out $150 on something that would be useless if it obstructs function of rifle etc

Just switched to a BRA and my brass catcher will be here Friday. I don’t want to lose BRA brass cause you have to fireform it so even though it’s pricey, I’m willing to do it.
Especially since some matches don’t let you pick up your brass.

I assume James is talking about Trevor. I shot with Trevor last year and saw his brass catcher and was like - brilliant! I'm glad he got it into production with Phil.

That's a good idea. I was just looking at a Caldwell brass catcher that fits my Service Rifle. When I practice for NRA Highpower at my local range it is often in the early morning and keeping my brass out of the wet grass keeps it cleaner. Also, when the range is busy I don't have to wait for a cease fire to police my brass in front of the line.

I'm going to buy one as soon as we get some reviews about it. I don't like fishing for brass.

I know Im new here but I have one in the mail right now. Should be here in a few days and will post back when I get a chance to use it.

• Love
What I want to know is if this will work with a spuhr mount somehow? I don’t have any available picatinny rail under my scope to grip, but can add picatinny accessory rails to the side of my rings. Wonder if that would allow me to mount the catcher?

Only about 8 times a Caldwell and does the same thing

Fanbois gonna fanboi

Hell yeah, I mean shit, a savage axis does the same thing as an AI right? :rolleyes:

I have the caldwell. Its a POS but you get what you pay for. The flip out of the way feature on this is sweet. The caldwell sags and sometimes cases hang up on it on the way in fucking things up. Then you have to fight with it and dick around taking it off, bending it around etc. Its fine for the range but I sure as shit wouldn't want to be fucking with it in a match. But sure, it does the same as a caldwell, only does it better and does more.

Last edited:
Only about 8 times a Caldwell and does the same thing

Fanbois gonna fanboi

I actually tried the Caldwell several times before ordering the MPA. I was trying really hard not to spend that much, but the Caldwell is really designed for an AR and it just kept bouncing my brass right back into the ejection port. It also wouldn’t stay up. The MPA certainly isn’t cheap but it’s purpose designed so I look forward to trying it out.

Reactions: linsmea
Guess you haven't seen the TBR brass catcher... I like the MPA because it is more compact and looks lighter.

so which TBR model have you used on a bolt action and how has it performed they look bad ass my only concern is bolt interferance ???

Tried one and i couldn't get it to line up with the ejection port without having to move my scope.

Good idea and product, just didn't work for my set up.

I'll sacrifice a few pieces of brass if it means keeping proper eye relief.

Tried one and i couldn't get it to line up with the ejection port without having to move my scope.

Good idea and product, just didn't work for my set up.

I'll sacrifice a few pieces of brass if it means keeping proper eye relief.
What was your setup just for reference?

Guess you haven't seen the TBR brass catcher... I like the MPA because it is more compact and looks lighter.

I like how there’s a nice flat spot on top for the little missus to put my beer. And since I’m Operator AF, is there an integrated picatinny/arca mount beer cozy? I slap steel for so hard and long, I’d have ta pump and dump that catcher 25 times a sess. Don’t want my beer flyin’ off the top.

Impact action, ARC M10 rings and a ZCO 527. Couldn't get the frame to line up with the ejection port due to where I mount the scope and the size of the windage knob.
I'm assuming you had an issue where your scope was mounted too far forward or rearward? I worry about this issue on my gun too. I run a pretty long LOP and a K525i which has short eye relief, so my turret is toward the rear end of the ejection port, instead of centered up like in the MPA video. I want to try one of these, but I don't want to piss away $150 if it won't work on my rifle.

@spelunk I run it relatively far back. I'd have to try to find a pic to explain it.
Understood, thanks. I don't have a great pic handy either but I do have this one showing how my scope mount is all the way at back of the pic rail. I might still try it since the mechanical ejector doesn't throw brass out until the end of the stroke.
1583080045284.png

Reactions: Kpchurch
I ordered one and its at the house. When I get off of work in the morning Ill check it out and post back.

Does anyone use this on an AR platform? I started participating in local PRS matches last year and really dislike losing my Lapua 260Rem brass. I'm running an Armalite AR-10 with a Nightforce NXS 8-32 scope (usually kept at 10-12 power).

I have a Caldwell and really can't say one good thing about it. It's gathering dust somewhere.

Thank you,
Richard

Does anyone use this on an AR platform? I started participating in local PRS matches last year and really dislike losing my Lapua 260Rem brass. I'm running an Armalite AR-10 with a Nightforce NXS 8-32 scope (usually kept at 10-12 power).

I have a Caldwell and really can't say one good thing about it. It's gathering dust somewhere.

Thank you,
Richard

Im literally going to be putting it on my AR15 Monday when I got t the range to test how universal it is. Ill post back

Reactions: rg1911
worked fine on the AR. took a little dicking around to get it adjusted but it helped. I did notice it doesn't fold flat onto the receiver due to the brass deflector so it would work out a little during rapid fire

worked fine on the AR. took a little dicking around to get it adjusted but it helped. I did notice it doesn't fold flat onto the receiver due to the brass deflector so it would work out a little during rapid fire
Thank you! Sounds like it went to the top of my To Buy list before the next match. (Just hope it works with the AR-10 platform.)

Cheers, Richard