• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA Chassis

MPA sucks

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2019
Savannah Georgia
I ordered an MPA chassis back in March and paid up front ($1575.00). At the time they stated max delivery time was 18 weeks. I never contacted them and waited patiently for 18 weeks. I was expecting a delivery of the chassis anytime back in July. They instead send me this email.

"We have decided to discontinue the Gun Candy Finish. I do apologize for this inconvenience but we strive to make our customers happy and send out the highest quality product we can. We are not satisfied with the quality and durability the Gun Candy finish leaves. Although the color looks great, slight imperfections are amplified and the overall quality of the appearance is just not up to our standards. We recognize the desire to offer amazing looking colors for distinct appearances, so we have added more custom cerakote colors to our website for you to choose from. I have copied the link below. Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience but we do feel the outcome will be much better. Let me know your thoughts and which color option will be the best alternative".

I told them my thoughts, which is I want what I already paid for and why did they wait to the 18 week mark to notify me?

So essentially they had not even processesed my order after 18 weeks ( I paid over $1500 upfront). I told them I was not happy and they said they are working on resolution with gun candy colors and it might take a few weeks. Was I willing to wait. Well Im now at 26 weeks and only received communication after I reached out to ask the status. Now they're telling me my choice is to either cancel the order, get an unpainted chassis or send it out for paint or pick an alternate basic color.

I do not buy their claim about the coatings. They are looking for ways to speed up the production process and dont want to take the time to do the job right. We all know their business is booming and they keep increasing their lead times. Their priority is volume and not the customer. What should have happened is they complete the original order, take the time to paint the chassis correctly, send me the order. Going forward for new orders they should cancel offering Gun Candy.

I highly recommend staying far away from buying MPA chassis and definetly do not pay them upfront. If you do order from them, do not pay upfront, expect longer than stated wait times, and expect little to no communication.

Last edited:
No, Im not upset about a business decision. Im upset that I spent $1550, paid upfront and dont have anything in return after waiting 26 weeks.
Aboslutely as a customer I dont like the response. I like how your comment doesnt address any of my concerns. You can spend your money the way you want and if that includes having companies hold your money for 26 weeks. Go for it! but Im not.
Yes there is shortage of options out there and order times are long. Your obviously not very knowledgable about the market conditions right now.

Oh no, he didnt get his candy
Booboo GIFs | Tenor

If someone held my money for 26 weeks and reneged on a deal we had, I'd be immediately requesting a refund and finding a suitable replacement. I've done it before. What I would not do (although I do appreciate the heads up on some poor business dealings) is post about it on an online forum and provide really no useful information on a legitimate resolution for your problem.

They already said they weren't doing gun candy, take your hard earned cash elsewhere. I'd go so far as to say that even if you did manage to get a gun candy chassis, you'd still be butt-hurt about the whole experience being behind schedule and end up resenting the whole thing.

Honestly, just get something else. Start your search here, you'll be pleasantly surprised with those market conditions.

I ordered an MPA chassis back in March and paid up front ($1575.00). At the time they stated max delivery time was 18 weeks. I never contacted them and waited patiently for 18 weeks. I was expecting a delivery of the chassis anytime back in July. They instead send me this email.

"We have decided to discontinue the Gun Candy Finish. I do apologize for this inconvenience but we strive to make our customers happy and send out the highest quality product we can. We are not satisfied with the quality and durability the Gun Candy finish leaves. Although the color looks great, slight imperfections are amplified and the overall quality of the appearance is just not up to our standards. We recognize the desire to offer amazing looking colors for distinct appearances, so we have added more custom cerakote colors to our website for you to choose from. I have copied the link below. Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience but we do feel the outcome will be much better. Let me know your thoughts and which color option will be the best alternative".

I told them my thoughts, which is I want what I already paid for and why did they wait to the 18 week mark to notify me?

So essentially they had not even processesed my order after 18 weeks ( I paid over $1500 upfront). I told them I was not happy and they said they are working on resolution with gun candy colors and it might take a few weeks. Was I willing to wait. Well Im now at 26 weeks and only received communication after I reached out to ask the status. Now they're telling me my choice is to either cancel the order, get an unpainted chassis or send it out for paint or pick an alternate basic color.

I do not buy their claim about the coatings. They are looking for ways to speed up the production process and dont want to take the time to do the job right. We all know their business is booming and they keep increasing their lead times. Their priority is volume and not the customer. What should have happened is they complete the original order, take the time to paint the chassis correctly, send me the order. Going forward for new orders they should cancel offering Gun Candy.

I highly recommend staying far away from buying MPA chassis and definetly do not pay them upfront. If you do order from them, do not pay upfront, expect longer than stated wait times, and expect little to no communication.
Yes, it was unfortunate that we had to discontinue the GunCandy finishes, but we had some technical issues with this specific coating that we could not correct. We have been using this product for years, but something changed and we could not continue to offer this coating due to the subpar quality it was providing.
We looked to an alternate source (Cerakote FX Series) but still have not verified this to be an acceptable alternative.
Jimmy, your claim that we discontinued this coating due to a desire to increase production volume without consideration to our customers is simply absurd. Removing a popular color option from our product offering was not a decision we took lightly, and we knew some customers would be upset. However, its a much better option than having a customer wait on the chassis, receive it and start to have coating quality issues. That stinks for everyone.
The GunCandy finishes were my absolute favorite. Everyone of my personal comp rifles over the past 3 years has used this product. It pained me to have to make the decision, but it was the right thing to do.
Since then, we have added 7 new cerakote colors to our product offering that take just as much time to apply as the GunCandy product - so if our desire to simply increase production by reducing our coating options, we would not have done this. Including our 8 standard colors, we offer another 15 custom color and finish options. (23 total) That is not really inline with making decisions to increase production and not prioritize the customers. Otherwise, we could have just offered, Black, Tungsten and FDE. That would be boring.
Additionally, With all of our chassis, rifle and pistol orders online, we give every customer the opportunity to either pay a 20% deposit with the order or pay in full. Obviously you chose the latter.
Are we a perfect company. Of course not. But we always try to make the best decisions possible with all of our customers in mind. Sometimes we fall short of our customers expectations and unfortunately, this was one of them. Wish the outcome would have been different.

If someone held my money for 26 weeks and reneged on a deal we had, I'd be immediately requesting a refund and finding a suitable replacement. I've done it before. What I would not do (although I do appreciate the heads up on some poor business dealings) is post about it on an online forum and provide really no useful information on a legitimate resolution for your problem.

They already said they weren't doing gun candy, take your hard earned cash elsewhere. I'd go so far as to say that even if you did manage to get a gun candy chassis, you'd still be butt-hurt about the whole experience being behind schedule and end up resenting the whole thing.

Honestly, just get something else. Start your search here, you'll be pleasantly surprised with those market conditions.
Sorry, no, I would rather warn people about my experience and make recommendations on how to proceed so they dont end up in the same situtation. I love how people like to chime in about "oh your butt hurt" when they have not been in the situtaion or had their money and time tied up. Im not just going to walk away after 26 weeks without my money or product and say "oh well, shucks darn"... Who would.
If we dont hold businesses to some accountability for how they treat thier customers and or they dont learn from thier mistakes on how they handled something then it really doesnt help the consumer or the industry at all.

Yes, it was unfortunate that we had to discontinue the GunCandy finishes, but we had some technical issues with this specific coating that we could not correct. We have been using this product for years, but something changed and we could not continue to offer this coating due to the subpar quality it was providing.
We looked to an alternate source (Cerakote FX Series) but still have not verified this to be an acceptable alternative.
Jimmy, your claim that we discontinued this coating due to a desire to increase production volume without consideration to our customers is simply absurd. Removing a popular color option from our product offering was not a decision we took lightly, and we knew some customers would be upset. However, its a much better option than having a customer wait on the chassis, receive it and start to have coating quality issues. That stinks for everyone.
The GunCandy finishes were my absolute favorite. Everyone of my personal comp rifles over the past 3 years has used this product. It pained me to have to make the decision, but it was the right thing to do.
Since then, we have added 7 new cerakote colors to our product offering that take just as much time to apply as the GunCandy product - so if our desire to simply increase production by reducing our coating options, we would not have done this. Including our 8 standard colors, we offer another 15 custom color and finish options. (23 total) That is not really inline with making decisions to increase production and not prioritize the customers. Otherwise, we could have just offered, Black, Tungsten and FDE. That would be boring.
Additionally, With all of our chassis, rifle and pistol orders online, we give every customer the opportunity to either pay a 20% deposit with the order or pay in full. Obviously you chose the latter.
Are we a perfect company. Of course not. But we always try to make the best decisions possible with all of our customers in mind. Sometimes we fall short of our customers expectations and unfortunately, this was one of them. Wish the outcome would have been different.
So you just miraculously made the decision to change at the 18th week when my order should have be complete and in the mail. At the same time you were updating your website with longer delivery times higher than the original 18 weeks. Sorry but Its really hard to believe theres not other things going on. I also, like the fact you can answer this post in less than an hour but I have to contact you for updates on my order. If you really wanted to make it right. You would be on the phone figuring our how to get me a solution so I can be on the range with my new build.

OP, I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with MPA. I too had ordered the refinishing of my BA Comp chassis that I had sent into MPA for a candy cerakote job, but after emailing and speaking with Lisa there about the work, she told me that they had stopped doing the candy finishes due to durability issues (they were getting complaints of the paint flaking off) so they decided to stop doing the candy finishes until they could work out the problems with their painters. So, I made a decision to change the paint finish on my chassis...I elected to go with a Tiger Stripe Camo instead, and I love it. I mounted a Vudoo .22 LR barreled action to it and it's a great result.

MPA BA Comp-Voodoo 22 LR in Tiger Stripe Camo.jpg
I'm sure MPA just got overwhelmed and failed to contact you until your job ticket came up (this is bad on them and I'm sure they are just overwhelmed with demand and not having enough people on-staff to handle everything on a timely basis). Still, that's not any excuse as to why they failed to contact you in a more timely manner. I hope you can find another paint theme you will be thrilled with. MPA does a great job once they get to actually doing it.

Reactions: Greasegun
OP, I respect posting your experience and understand your frustration. These posts tend to fall into nobody is surprised because company X sucks. OR, as in this case we are sympathetic to the company because they have such a strong reputation for good customer service.

I'm sure they would make right if they could based on my experience. I understand they will not put out an inferior product.

Sorry to see the impass.

Reactions: MPA
Imagine being so self centered you think a company makes business choices solely around you, who is probably a nobody lol. The fact that you want to flame them but still give them your money is one of the most contradicting things Iv read today lol.
Ive already paid, they've had my money for 26 weeks, I want what was ordered. I did my part and they failed to do theirs.

Short sequence of events:

- Man upset about chassis being late and unable to be completed
- Man calls out manufacturer on public forum
- Manufacturer provides detailed explanation to anonymous consumer as to why the situation is what it is and offers solutions
- Man failed to mention that he took the option to pay in full up front, not fractional down payment
- Man still upset despite being offered solution by manufacturer
- Confusion from all parties as to what upset man's end-goal is
- Man buys face paint and does self portrait, shown below
clown.jpg

I get the frustration, but MPA has made a business decision that sounds warranted. So you have 2 choices, keep crying about it or move on. You aren’t going to sway many people away from MPA. If you decide to continue on the first choice buckle up, shit gets rough.

It's understandable to be upset that you've waited and won't get what you wanted and paid for. I think MPA made a good faith effort to produce what you ordered. My assumption is that MPA does not and cannot control the quality of the Cerakote and its durability when applied to their product. It's a crappy situation, but if they'd shipped you a sub par product in the color you wanted, then you'd be on here flaming them for the flaky paint job. Personally, I prefer a manufacturer that isn't willing to ship a product that isn't up to standards.

No, Im not upset about a business decision. Im upset that I spent $1550, paid upfront and dont have anything in return after waiting 26 weeks.
Aboslutely as a customer I dont like the response. I like how your comment doesnt address any of my concerns. You can spend your money the way you want and if that includes having companies hold your money for 26 weeks. Go for it! but Im not.
Yes there is shortage of options out there and order times are long. Your obviously not very knowledgable about the market conditions right now.
I'm upset you've been a member since 2019 haven't participated and you waited all this time to post and it's just to bitch.

You must have confused this tab for Facebook.

Sorry, no, I would rather warn people about my experience and make recommendations on how to proceed so they dont end up in the same situtation. I love how people like to chime in about "oh your butt hurt" when they have not been in the situtaion or had their money and time tied up. Im not just going to walk away after 26 weeks without my money or product and say "oh well, shucks darn"... Who would.
If we dont hold businesses to some accountability for how they treat thier customers and or they dont learn from thier mistakes on how they handled something then it really doesnt help the consumer or the industry at all.
You must be new to think guys who shoot long range have never had long waits and money tied up....

Guys wait months for full custom rifles that get sent out looking like shit, or barrels that aren't chambered right. MPA made a smart decision not to be subpar, if I didnt already run an ACC id get a MPA Comp or matrix.

Last edited:
Ive already paid, they've had my money for 26 weeks, I want what was ordered. I did my part and they failed to do theirs.
Paid them or they hold the money? Either way sounds like a Karen in line at chipotle losing her shit because they ran out of guacamole. I get being mad, but you win some you lose some. If I was this upset id take my shit somewhere else, pour a bourbon while i ordered something else and move on.

Reactions: Part Timer
Stuff Happens, get over it, just bought another MPA used for a really good deal. Didn't even care what color it was either. I've got a bunch of Krylon. :)

It's understandable to be upset that you've waited and won't get what you wanted and paid for. I think MPA made a good faith effort to produce what you ordered. My assumption is that MPA does not and cannot control the quality of the Cerakote and its durability when applied to their product. It's a crappy situation, but if they'd shipped you a sub par product in the color you wanted, then you'd be on here flaming them for the flaky paint job. Personally, I prefer a manufacturer that isn't willing to ship a product that isn't up to standards.
If it really was about chipping paint then their would be a recall or notice. And there isnt. Whats the percent of failure? If they can make it right once then can make it right twice. Unless you dont want to spend the time to make right. The other colors are lame. I honestly would not be worried about chips and scratched. Shooting PRS its going to get scratched so its minor issue.

If it really was about chipping paint then their would be a recall or notice. And there isnt. Whats the percent of failure? If they can make it right once then can make it right twice. Unless you dont want to spend the time to make right. The other colors are lame. I honestly would not be worried about chips and scratched. Shooting PRS its going to get scratched so its minor issue.
Man I tried giving you a reasonable response but at this point you're clearly beyond reason. Guess you know more about the manufacturer's products than they do. Why would they pull some of their most popular colors?? Just to spite you? Move on with your life.

Reactions: Average guy
Man I tried giving you a reasonable response but at this point you're clearly beyond reason. Guess you know more about the manufacturer's products than they do. Why would they pull some of their most popular colors?? Just to spite you? Move on with your life.
I mean they did wait until his order was supposed to be fulfilled to change their minds just to fuck him over....🙄

Edit- He said something similar to that above but someone else quoted it already. I sort of hope op called being a jerk so they did just tell him that lol.

Last edited:
Seems like a pretty honest, straight reply.
How do you know they haven’t contacted the clients concerned?

MPA has always been quick to respond to any question I have asked. Even after the money was paid and the rifle was received. And if a fix was in order, They took care of it, especially considering it was not their fault or their products fault.

Well that definitely was not my experience. They took full payment upfront, waited 18 weeks and declined to fulfill the order.
Then another six weeks went by and they still got nothing done to fulfill the order.

So far your losing sympathy faster and faster the longer this thread moves on. Pick your second favorite paint color or pick a different chassis manufacturer and move on. Your not going to get them to sell you the color that you want by promulgation of this thread. The paint issue is out of their control because they dont make the paint. Any reasonable person would understand that they don't want to sell you a sub-standard product. If they did and it fell off what would you say then? Im certain we would then see a similar thread pop up about how they painted your chassis wrong and they owe you a new one or something. I only say that because you are appearing more and more like an unreasonable person. It's like you expected all of us to pick up our pitchforks and torches and run to mpa with you! Ive been waiting on a gun safe to show up with the paint color I want for 10 months. It is what it is man. Deal with it like an adult. That being said, I love my MPA chasis, even if it isn't my favorite paint color.

So far your losing sympathy faster and faster the longer this thread moves on. Pick your second favorite paint color or pick a different chassis manufacturer and move on. Your not going to get them to sell you the color that you want by promulgation of this thread. The paint issue is out of their control because they dont make the paint. Any reasonable person would understand that they don't want to sell you a sub-standard product. If they did and it fell off what would you say then? Im certain we would then see a similar thread pop up about how they painted your chassis wrong and they owe you a new one or something. I only say that because you are appearing more and more like an unreasonable person. It's like you expected all of us to pick up our pitchforks and torches and run to mpa with you! Ive been waiting on a gun safe to show up with the paint color I want for 10 months. It is what it is man. Deal with it like an adult. That being said, I love my MPA chasis, even if it isn't my favorite paint color.
Lol, Im not looking for sympathy and I definitely don't care what these fools think. I never asked for comments or for people to pick up pitchforks. Im here to warn people about doing business with MPA based my experience dealing with them. And if they do, dont pay upfront and expect longer than stated lead times or some bogus reason they won't fill your order when its overdue. So take the warning or leave it.

On the contrary I have purchased an MPA chassis in the last 6 months. When I fucked up and lost the lug lock, they sent me new ones no questions asked. What’s truly dumb is you throwing a fuckin temper tantrum on a forum. Move on, you are making a fool of yourself.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
On the contrary I have purchased an MPA chassis in the last 6 months. When I fucked up and lost the lug lock, they sent me new ones no questions asked. What’s truly dumb is you throwing a fuckin temper tantrum on a forum. Move on, you are making a fool of yourself.
So you proved my point. Your not buying a chassis and your dumb. I waited six months and never received anything.

It is about the paint chipping. Trust me because I have one of their chassis that my Vudoo is sitting in and the gun candy finish is chipping badly. I’m betting MPA has been flooded with people contacting them about this and trying to make everything right. I completely understand your disappointment in not getting what you were expecting by now but I can tell you from first hand experience that MPA is doing this because of the paint issues and not what you claim

You must be new to think guys who shoot long range have never had long waits and money tied up....

Guys wait months for full custom rifles that get sent out looking like shit, or barrels that aren't chambered right. MPA made a smart decision not to be subpar, if I didnt already run an ACC id get a MPA Comp or matrix.
What he said.

In my case I waited, and waited and it was WELL WORTH the Wait. MPA gets it right. My next chassis is MPA.

At this point there's no reason to further engage with this guy. He clearly knows more than everyone and no matter what anyone says, MPA did this to him on purpose, discontinued very popular color options as part of the conspiracy to cover up his additional delay, MPA has total control over the Cerakote they don't manufacture, and there are ZERO reasonable explanations or remedies to the problem he experienced. Furthermore if any of you want to convince him otherwise your (his spelling choice) all either dumb or jerks. Finally, you should all for sure stop supporting a manufacturer that has provided exceptional products and service to everyone but him.

Reactions: DMP and Pete B
Lol this cuck changed his name to mpa sucks and thought man I’m really gonna show them with this move. Shit they gonna end up bringing the color back and fulfilling his wish for the free advertising. Imagine being a “adult” and crying on a Internet forum. Then going to the extreme of changing your user name to “______ sucks”. Lol my guy please keep this shit going for the entertainment.

Attachments

• 88526317-5C60-4E7F-9664-432AD3F00D87.jpeg
    88526317-5C60-4E7F-9664-432AD3F00D87.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Stoweit
Lol, Im not looking for sympathy and I definitely don't care what these fools think. I never asked for comments or for people to pick up pitchforks. Im here to warn people about doing business with MPA based my experience dealing with them. And if they do, dont pay upfront and expect longer than stated lead times or some bogus reason they won't fill your order when its overdue. So take the warning or leave it.
I don't believe you. I hope you don't believe yourself.