• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mpa comp chassis

NJRaised

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Port Murray NJ
Finally was able to get my hands on a MPA comp chassis…. Is it normal for the LOP and cheek riser to have so much wiggle to them? I was expecting a tighter lock up. I realize there are set screws to lock them down, but it seems like it defeats the purpose of the thumb wheel.

Also, This may be a stupid question…. Why does the inclinometer have a bubble and a black ball? I’m confused by this.

Thanks

Does the drop down bagrider have similar play when deployed?

I have two MPA comp chassis and neither is loose in the cheek riser or LOP ... and both have just the right tension to make and keep adjustments.

It doesn’t have the drop down mono pod.

It’s the fixed “horizontal” bag rider.

Lop and cheek riser both have some slop that I wasn’t expecting. Maybe the set screws have to be locked down….

Does anyone else’s inclinometer have the floating ball and the air bubble inside? I’m not comprehending why there is both

Use the set screws to provide a little tension to the cheek piece/lop. Still able to adjust toolless but takes up some slop. Then check the roll pins that hold them to the arms. Make sure they are tight. That's where most of the slop comes from.
For the inclinometer, look at the black ball. The bubble isn't there for indication.

Reactions: Average guy
Get your settings then crank down the set screws. Do yourself a favor and get a Bag Bullet bag rider from @Rthur at ALD rifles. You definitely won’t regret it.

Reactions: Rthur