• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA side rail issue

NJRaised

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Port Murray NJ
I have an MPA Comp BA and installed a set of used side rails off a member here (great guy).

After I mounted the side rails, I realized that all my arcs mounts don’t clear the rail. Either the knob or lever contacts the rail. I don’t want to invest in all new mounts.

Has anyone ever just taken a dremel to that small lip on the side rail to clear the mounts? Would it create any issues with the rifle canting to one side on a game changer bag? Would you grind both sides or just the side that the mounts impact?

I vaguely remember a forum member milling off the small lips on each side.

Thanks in advance.

Good post. I've been wondering if my Accu-Tac arca lever throw bipod would clear the comp side rails. I'm not sure why MPA has that ridge on the underside. Seems to make more sense to just leave it flat. I think I've decided against the comp rails now. It does seem like you could dremel/file those edges off. The challenge would be to make it nice and smooth. I'm thinking they don't have that issue with the Matrix Pro chassis.