• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA Ultralite or Hybrid

Jeremiah Johnson

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2019
Texas
Looking to build a folding chassis varmint rifle. Don't want to wait 6 months for an XLR. Thinking MPA Ultralite or Hybrid. Would like gun under 9.5#. When adding optic (NX8 or Vudu), I want a 12# or less rifle.

Pairing with my Terminus Zeus Action and a Carbon fiber 6mm Dasher and 8.6 BLK barrels. Going with Dasher to be a light weight version of my comp rifle. I have a ton of brass and ammo. Any recommendations between the 2 chassis.

The kicker is I am a lefty. Not many chassis companies make lefty folders. I guess the MDT is an option but $1600 for a chassis seems a little steep.

Ultralite is a good weight. Is it missing in the options? Just a little worried the Hybrid might be too heavy. But positive for that, I could use it on my PRS action if I wanted to ditch the Foundation stock I put with it.

I’m not a lefty but I really like the ultralight.
Prefer it over the XLR version.
The MDT is awesome and worth the $$ imo but is too light if you have much weight in the barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson
I would say if you need the options get the hybrid if not get the ultralite the ultralite seems really light do you have the barrel and stuff?

I would say if you need the options get the hybrid if not get the ultralite the ultralite seems really light do you have the barrel and stuff?
Have the barrels ordered. The 6mm barrel is about 3# and the action is 36oz. Ultra lite folder is 3.2#. Add muzzle device and it will be a good weight for a hunting rifle.

Attachments

• 5A2B5C8F-55AA-4CC8-8FC9-37A44C1016AE.jpeg
    5A2B5C8F-55AA-4CC8-8FC9-37A44C1016AE.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 59
Have the barrels ordered. The 6mm barrel is about 3# and the action is 36oz. Ultra lite folder is 3.2#. Add muzzle device and it will be a good weight for a hunting rifle.
Yeah looks good plus your optic and rings….so what made you choose the zues over the valor?

CS Tactical has short action XLR element MGs in stock. Just bought one last week, and I like it quite a bit