• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mpa vs manners

FrozenMinnesotan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2018
Ne MN
Looking at getting a new stock for my defiance tenacity. How are lead times for manners? Is the mini chassis a requirement or would I need to bed if I don't get it?

Would I be better off just going something along the lines of mpa?

Lead time is about six months for Manners, pay once it’s done. You don’t need the mini-chassis but if your not using it you’ll have to bed.

You won’t be better off per se by going to MPA, there both great stocks but have completely different feels. My suggestion would be to give them both a try if possible.

Reactions: Fig
I would suggest finding someone at the range who has the ones you are looking at and get behind it. Its the only way you will know what you like.

As for the mini chassis, I would personally go this route, or bed the stock.

I used to have 4 manners, then I got a MPA and after 4 days shooting prairie dogs it became apparent to (me) how much easier it was to get behind the MPA and make my shots. I ended up selling the rest of my Manners and now only run the MPAs. Everyone one is different but they just seemed easier to run over the Manners. I now have 6 MPAs.

Reactions: garandman
I'm a MPA fan. I don't think you can beat the modularity, rigidity, and ease of customization of a good chassis.

I would not wait for 6 months for any rifle accessory. Just my .02

I own both. The Manners cost substantially more ($900 more) and despite waiting 11 months they stuffed the specs up to boot, so yeah...wouldn't buy Manners again on principle alone. Having said that, the stock does work fine although it required extra gunsmithing work at my own expense since it was a stock which came to Australia and would have been a nightmare to send back to the US to be made right. The MPA offers greater flexibility in adjustability and ergonomics. The main difference comes down to feel - I'm comfy behind the Manners, even moreso behind the MPA.

K thanks guys. I just sold a bravo that was on it. I'm leaning towards mpa. Or any other chassis in quality. I have a buddy with a mpa I'll have to check out. Anyone have a b&c number 6? Gonna build a training rifle and gonna need a cheaper stock for it

I've ordered a couple of Mannets stocks to spec and none of them came correct. I like the stocks but their attention to detail leaves a lot to be desired. However, I just but a stock from their listed inventory and it was perfect. The only way I'll buy their stocks is if they're in stock.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
I have both and love both.

I like the MPA for competition and in low recoil cartridges.

For big magnums/high recoil and hunting I prefer the Manners.

They feel different, but both perfect when adjusted right.

I have a couple of Manners stocks a T6A & a EH1A & both are great stocks, had a minor issue with the T6A & Tom Manners personally called me several times & got the issue resolved in record time, I sent them my barreled action & they assembled & fit it perfectly to the stock, even did a few extra touches for a perfect fit, will not use anything but Manners Stocks, their CS is the best I have ever dealt with from any company, I'm not a chassis fan & don't own one so cant say anything about chassis but if you're going to get a stock go with a Manners.

I have 2 chassis stocks and MDT and an XLR. I really like the XLR.

I liked the old MDT buttstock over their redesigned one. Ive shot both and don't like their new cheekpiece that is relived for the firing pin/bolt, it feels like I'm only getting a partial cheek weld.

The instant I was able to fondle both MDT & MPA, I immediately chose the MPA. The stock adjustments have click values to them while the MDT doesn't. The MPA looks cleaner as well IMO.

The MDT DOES have features that aren't present on the MPA, adjustable vertical grip location is the biggest for me.

They were both quite nice.

I'm a MPA fan. I don't think you can beat the modularity, rigidity, and ease of customization of a good chassis.

I would not wait for 6 months for any rifle accessory. Just my .02
agreed. and actually, Im seeing a lot of MPA chassis available IN STOCK with online vendors, and some even on sale!
To see many MPA vendors around the country, go to the MPA site. go down to the menu and click "platinum sellers, click it and you will see an updated inventory of MPA products that are IN STOCK, no wait......

Im looking at ordering a MPA as well, and have asked several semi- cusomt and custom shops about a build. they often tell me they have the trigger, barrel, stock, etc but NO chassis. they tell me to buy one and send to them to use in the build. But why can't they buy these chassis directly off the net? perhaps its a business arrangement, not sure .....

agreed. and actually, Im seeing a lot of MPA chassis available IN STOCK with online vendors, and some even on sale!
To see many MPA vendors around the country, go to the MPA site. go down to the menu and click "platinum sellers, click it and you will see an updated inventory of MPA products that are IN STOCK, no wait......

Im looking at ordering a MPA as well, and have asked several semi- cusomt and custom shops about a build. they often tell me they have the trigger, barrel, stock, etc but NO chassis. they tell me to buy one and send to them to use in the build. But why can't they buy these chassis directly off the net? perhaps its a business arrangement, not sure .....

I got mine here in the PX. Couldn't be happier

Lead time is about six months for Manners, pay once it’s done. You don’t need the mini-chassis but if your not using it you’ll have to bed.

You won’t be better off per se by going to MPA, there both great stocks but have completely different feels. My suggestion would be to give them both a try if possible.
Bedding isn’t necessary at all. It’s something some guys do as they feel it can eliminate a potential variable that I have never found to exist.

I feel like all that bedding a stock does is lower resale value. I know I wont purchase a stock that was ever bedded.