• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mpx in lead we trust gas plug

BishopReloaded

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2021
Florida
I am brand new to the board and was wondering if anyone has experience with the In Lead We Trust gas plug with a gen 3 MPX 4.5inch. I was hoping to use the plug without opening up the gas port or spending 400 dollars for a new barrel. Does anyone know what sort of success or failure I can expect from using that plug and shooting suppressed.

thank you in advance.

Are you talking about the adjustable gas plug? If so, it’s great. BUT you need to open up the gas port on the barrel to make the best use of all the settings. I have it on my Gen 2 8” MPX barrel, and it’s a great mod for the MPX. Allows you to really dial in gas blowback based on the suppressor you use.

Are you talking about the adjustable gas plug? If so, it’s great. BUT you need to open up the gas port on the barrel to make the best use of all the settings. I have it on my Gen 2 8” MPX barrel, and it’s a great mod for the MPX. Allows you to really dial in gas blowback based on the suppressor you use.
Yes I am taking the 4 “position” gas plug. I am wondering about the impact of using it on an unmodified barrel (gen 3, which I believe already has a larger port than gen 2). Obviously it should do something, I am curious as to what that is. I am trying to keep the MPX as stock as possible and still run a suppressor.

Yes I am taking the 4 “position” gas plug. I am wondering about the impact of using it on an unmodified barrel (gen 3, which I believe already has a larger port than gen 2). Obviously it should do something, I am curious as to what that is. I am trying to keep the MPX as stock as possible and still run a suppressor.
Call ILWT. It won’t have any negative affect, but you won’t have the ability to open up the gas port any more than the diameter on the barrel. As a result, of the four positions, you would effectively be limited to say 2 or 3 adjustment settings.

Call ILWT. It won’t have any negative affect, but you won’t have the ability to open up the gas port any more than the diameter on the barrel. As a result, of the four positions, you would effectively be limited to say 2 or 3 adjustment settings.
I did email them and while I got a quick response it was basically. “ it won’t work”. That seems like an odd response. So I wanted to see if anyone had experience and could offer a bit more than that.