• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MR762 - No Love?

had one and i am a HK whore but that POS wouldnt shoot at all. Sold it bought a Larue OBR which grouped 1/2 MOA. Now all my precision semis are JP Enterprises LRPs ... have mr223s, a bunch mp5s, all the P7s, mk 23, VP9s, USPs, HK13,33k, 53,93m HK51,g3K,91, 300/270 ... but will not buy an american made 556 or 762.

had one and i am a HK whore but that POS wouldnt shoot at all. Sold it bought a Larue OBR which grouped 1/2 MOA. Now all my precision semis are JP Enterprises LRPs ... have mr223s, a bunch mp5s, all the P7s, mk 23, VP9s, USPs, HK13,33k, 53,93m HK51,g3K,91, 300/270 ... but will not buy an american made 556 or 762.
Did not come to think of this matter, only MR308 around here and it has excellent reputation.

My MR762 regularly shoot 5 shoot 100 yard groups under 1 moa Usually averaging 0.8 moa. However my OBR with a LW barrel will average 0.6 moa and is my favorite 308 semi.

I'm not going to get into what's happening w/an individual rifle, but I contacted Heckler Koch about the rifles coming out of their US factory, and their QC standards, from what's been mentioned here about a difference, and since both my rifles are from the US factory.

I got a reply from H&K this morning.

Their reply was that that if a rifle from H&K Obendorf Germany doesn't pass their standard there, it won't pass here either. I go way back w/HK w/my pistols which are all from Germany and feel pretty confident that the rifles I've got will be backed up by HK.

They are held to the same manufacturing and QC standards here as in Germany.

I don't know what happened to the other gentleman's rifle, but I've always gotten the impression that HK takes pride in their products, at least until now.

Last edited: