• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MSA Sordin Cotton Covers

R.O.U.S.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2011
WA
I recently got a pair of MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X hearing protectors. I also got the gel ear cups and a pair of cotton covers.

Does anyone know if you are supposed to keep the foam liner underneath the ear cup when using the cotton covers? I can’t get them on unless I take the foam liner out.

Re: MSA Sordin Cotton Covers

I've got the same set of ear pro with the silicone ear cups but I don't know what cotton covers you're talking about. Is it an MSA accessory or is it from some other manufacturer?

Yes, they look like a hair net.

Do I need to have these foam pieces underneath?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vereceleritas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got the same set of ear pro with the silicone ear cups but I don't know what cotton covers you're talking about. Is it an MSA accessory or is it from some other manufacturer? </div></div>

MSA Cotton Cover

I couldn't buy them from that vendor because their S&H calculator wanted $40, I ended up buying mine from a British vendor and shipping it to the US.

Just use the gel seals, way more comfortable than the standard ear seals.

I would not be surprised if it lowered the ratings if you add the covers on top of the regular seals. As far as using the foam inside, I've never used a pair of comms with them so I would assume you don't need them.

I am using the gel seals. There has been a few threads over time where people asked what would be a good ear protector to buy. A lot of people said that the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X with the gel seal and cotton cover. I wanted to try it out.