• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MSA Sordin Microphone help

Cjwise5

Owner PRN
Minuteman
May 23, 2014
Missouri
www.youtube.com
I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. Hopefully one of you folks can help.
I currently use the MSA Sordin extreme pro hearing protection. I want to attach and use a microphone system to be able to talk to another person on the range. I've googled the mics and can only find headset and mics as a complete system. I just want the mic. Is that doable? Where do I find this gear? Thanks.

And next question: can the MSA sordins communicate with any other brand, like peltor?

Last edited:
IMO you just need a lapel mic for whatever radio you're using, then run a mini Jack from lapel mic to sordins for the audio.

Or are you looking for some kinda mall ninja helmet mounted thing?

Reactions: Cjwise5
hmmm that's an idea. I was thinking it would be nice to have the "boom" microphone in front of my mouth, but I guess that's not necessary.

Too Tommy tactical, lapel mic for the win. Hang it anywhere and just run audio from the lapel to the Sordins, win win.

Reactions: Cjwise5
lol Tommy Tactical.
I usually stay away from looking like "that guy", but I'm down if it's the most efficient and easiest method. Cost is a little bit of a consideration I guess and the lapel mics would win in that category.
Definitely interested in hearing what all is available, so I can make the best choice for me.

Depends on the radio, if it's a Walmart walkie talkie type you're probably limited to their accessories.

If you buy a programmable radio and use low power unlicensed frequencies the accessory options are a little better and more universal

I recently acquired a set of MSA Sordin 75321 headset, I don't need the Lemo cable and boom mic. Is it possible to just cut the Lemo cable and boom mic off? Im just using them to go to the range, I don't need communication. Also if possible, will the electronics still work?

Thanks for your help