• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MSA Supreme Pro Earmuff Modifications?

BlkExp98

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2004
South Carolina
I have a set of the MSA Supreme pro earmuffs and realize the NRR is low but I had a little brainstorm. From my car audio days mass loading thin panels seemed to help the sound quality. What do yall think about adding a thin layer of sound deadening material to the insides of the earmuffs? I dont think it would add much weight but may raise the rating a little. Dont get me wrong in that I do realize im probably not outsmarting a hearing protection mfg but was curious. I don't mind taking mine apart to take look in them space wise but if there is room do you think it worth a try?

I have the gel earcups for mine but still have issues with pressure points with shooting glasses over extended periods. Have any of you found any that tend to work well or a certain way to position them so that doesn't cause a headache after a while? I normally use earplugs as well so the sound isn't the issue. Ha, maybe I just have a wide head or something but other hats and hard hats seem to fit without being large sizes.

Have any of you done any mods to your earmuffs and had a positive or negative result? Ive even wondered if it would be worth it to get the band pad but dont really see where it would do much.

On another side note what is different on the X model? I thought it was the AUX input but mine have that.

Last edited: