• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes MSR vs H2CMR

hintonrc51

Minuteman
Mar 24, 2009
Wind Gap PA
I would like to hear from everyone that has or used the MSR or H2CMR reticle. Why you like, love or hate them. Thanks

I have both.
For matches were you have to mill targets the MSR is the best.
But the .2 mill marks on the H2 really are nice for precise wind holds.

And now you know why I still have both!

I have both.
For matches were you have to mill targets the MSR is the best.
But the .2 mill marks on the H2 really are nice for precise wind holds.

And now you know why I still have both!

If you could only have one witch one would you pick?

Being a scope novice the H2CMR is really easy for me to read. I like the bubble mill marks as my eye picks them up easier than a line or solid mil dot at lower magnification.

Ive only shot at paper with it so take that advice for what its worth. I had an MSR on order and during the wait I continued to research, got interested in the H2CMR than got a call telling me that that option in my scope was in and I said "Send it". I haven't regretted it.

ROB01 did a great post that showed a bunch of through the glass pictures of the H2CMR at various magnification. His post compared it to a P4F if I recall correctly. It was good info for you as the MSR is a modified P4F to some extent.

Thank you guys for the info. I looked at both today and I loved the L on the MSR and hate the other scale. For the H2 I love how everything looks at 25 power. I guess I'm just over thinking.

Thank you guys for the info. I looked at both today and I loved the L on the MSR and hate the other scale. For the H2 I love how everything looks at 25 power. I guess I'm just over thinking.

I have shot my two MSR's for over two years now. When I throw the gun up all I see anymore is the reticle center front. I have to look for the ranging grid to mil a target and the "other scale" I forget its there.

The H2 on lower power can be hard to see the .2 mill marks. That might be my vision that causes that.

I have shot my two MSR's for over two years now. When I throw the gun up all I see anymore is the reticle center front. I have to look for the ranging grid to mil a target and the "other scale" I forget its there.

The H2 on lower power can be hard to see the .2 mill marks. That might be my vision that causes that.

I could see that it would be harder to see the H2 .2 marks at anything lower than 15 power. The problem that I'm having right now is that my F1 MLR2.0 is .06 and I love to ground hog. The MSR would have been the best for ASC but now you can use range finders and its .05 mils. The H2 is .035 mils and when shooting ground hogs at 950yards I'm going to be on 25 power. That's why I'm thinking that the H2 is what I should go with.