• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MSTN Custom uppers

RollinCoal11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
GA
Anyone have any experience with them ? They have some pretty interesting looking uppers on gunbroker but have never heard of them

Last edited:
Wes (owner/operator of MSTN) is a member here. If you see something you like, don't hesitate to shoot him a PM and inquire. Here's a quick link to his Hide profile: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/members/mstn.html

He and Paul have been at it for quite a number of years now and all their work I have seen and used has been absolutely first rate in every respect!

Reactions: FishinGuns
I have a build with a Noveske N4 barrel and matched bolt from them that shoots great. Always heard good things about MSTN

MSTN Custom uppers

In Aug 05 Wes put together a Mk12Mod1 upper from parts I had gathered. My bolt was crap so he added a better one and a LMT carrier. Lapped the barrel, mounted the scope in the ARMS throw levers and sent it my way. About 5 days mailbox to mailbox. Although this doesn't really come under the 'custom build' title as much as some, his work is still there nonetheless. In the 8.5 years since, never an issue aside from a bad magazine, with 7.5 years of that with the OPS can mounted. 77gr match, 69 gr match, 55 gr fmj. It ate it all with joy. It has been stripped and repainted 3 times and still no issues. His workmanship and attention to detail are at the top. He is really the only guy I would get to do a build for me or modify my existing Mk12 should the need arise. I don't have BRD so I haven't needed another build but I wouldn't hesitate to contract him for it if/when that need arises. His pic threads in arfcom were always drool worthy.

Last edited:
Is Wes still in business?

Yes...110%! Their website on the other hand...well...has been DOA for a LONG time now. Not sure why, but I'd much rather have them building rifles/uppers than fiddling with the website anyway! ;)

I have reached out to Wes several times over the years in regards to odd requests and specifics, and he has always helped me out or steered me in the right direction. He builds good stuff and is a consummate professional.

My first AR platform I built was in '08. Wes did the upper with the components I specified & it came out great. MSTN logo'd VLTOR MUR 1-A receiver, 16" Noveske N4 barrell, and a Larue 10" free floating handguard, a Noveske pinned gasblock, a fitted LMT Ionbond Diamondblack bolt and matching Young Natl. Match Ionbond bolt carrier, and an LMT charging handle. I put on a PWS FSC and an Aimpoint H1 Microdot on a Larue mount and called it a day.
I built the bottom end and changed a few things around, but other than rail mounted accessories, the upper remains the same. Proud of their MSTN logo on my rifle.

Wes built my hard usage, noveske barrel, kac 3.1, MUR upper.
It's bad ass accurate on my kac lower.

Yes Wes is still in business.
He's a good man!

I'm the second owner of a mstn 6.5 Grendel that shoots very well with Hornady 123 gr SST. Legitimate 1/2 moa rifle.

I know. Seems like a stop in retardville ended up being long due to Rona and now we look like a bus in India.

whats a good 50?
Will my Condor hold up to chopper bops?
Only losers FL size.....

and sounding upset like women who were told their size 20 ass wasnt made to fit in size medium Lulu Lemon yoga pants when told their ideas arent going to work by the guys on here who have been there and have several of the tshirts.

Well pardon me for being proud of a rifle I acquired 3 weeks ago for my grandson's first whitetail hunting. When I looked on the web the FIRST review on MSTN was this thread. And if all you people have to do is view OLD threads and comment on them you don't have much to do in life. Have a very good evening!

For the thread being so old you definitely brought it back to life A very big accomplishment for someone who comes across as possibly mentally limited!

Well.
Situational awareness is key.

i just laugh at all the 5-8 year old posts resurrected recently.

and the genius posts (not yours, it was a good post, even if in a 6 year dead thread) about going from “i never owned a gun” to “i wanna be like seal team 6”.

i have been hear a couple weeks. Mentally limited doesnt even explain it.
more like a few clicks below that.
Though I do have some useful stuff to add on occasion and work to help all our members out.
I even helped potty train Maser so he could stop wearing diapers in his late 20’s.

like this:
A new thread with pics to celebrate the great purchase, as well as the story about plans to hunt with your grandson would get a lot of feedback and likes. We love family and guns around here.
And this:
Dont be too thin skinned. We are all in it. A lot of guys have seen some shit (not me, Im a shoe and hand model) and deal with a lot of stress. Being ornery here (like we are with our good buddies) is part of our let down.

Point well taken and thank you for the suggestion of a new thread. I guess some days the current stress you mentioned does get to me at times. Thanks for help from someone who seems to really care about family, guns, and hunting. Best,Rodney

now Im gonna follow you and be a turd after all your posts.

we can have a beer in Jan when I head down to my buddies place near Tyler to escape the libs here in CO for a few days. 😁

and besides that, really do post it up.
either in the semi auto forum or hunting. More guys in semi auto, tag wes like this @ and hist name here. Which is mstn.

we really do love it all. Family is huge here among almost all of us.
Getting the next generation into the hobby Of firearms and hunting is an important part of our lives.

Well pardon me for being proud of a rifle I acquired 3 weeks ago for my grandson's first whitetail hunting. When I looked on the web the FIRST review on MSTN was this thread. And if all you people have to do is view OLD threads and comment on them you don't have much to do in life. Have a very good evening!
With this thread being 6 years old and probably about 100 pages back from the front page you would have had to do some serious serious searching to find it. Normally the only ones who put that much effort in are scammers.

Will do. Luke my grandson just went back to school here in our small community but hopefully get a picture this weekend for the new post. And a cold beer sounds great.

And thank you as well 2ndamenfan. Not great thinking on my part. Been cattle ranching here in central Texas for 45 years and I think it's possible these 105 degree days are finally getting to me.

And thank you as well 2ndamenfan. Not great thinking on my part. Been cattle ranching here in central Texas for 45 years and I think it's possible these 105 degree days are finally getting to me.
101 here today. I understand, I was a dripping noodle by 1:30pm still had 4hrs+ to go.

I'll jump in the "WES love fest " . I recently became a customer of his with a small KAC project . Planning on doing another project soon with a Criterion flavor. I've known of MSTN going back to ARFCOM days gone past when Bushmaster was selling strong and some dude named Noveske broke out of his garage business and made a name for himself.

Wes is super easy to get on the phone and I feel like he's the kind of guy I could have a beer with. His years of quality work speaks for itself. He'll give you your money's worth.

- John M (NJ)

Well I am going to jump in myself, I just ordered an MSTN AR-15 PDW Pistol which is exactly the same one he had on Gunbroker except I didn't get the Folding Stock. Wes has been nothing but Spectacular when talking with him and he has went over and above to help me with my needs. I have read nothing but Great Reviews on him and I plan to have him build me a 14.5" carbine soon as well.

Reactions: rodney747
MSTN has built me three uppers. I highly recommend MSTN for any high end upper.

I’ve used them on SWAT raids, man hunts, hunting, redneck fun shooting at beer cans and everything else. Wes is good to go!

Last edited:
Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I plan to get my second one as soon as funds are available. Grandson wound up with the first one. Very accurate.