• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mt creek

Ran out on us. He's got to buy the next beer.

God dang it! :(

Prayers sent for him and his...
We'll mourn his passing but know hes in a far better place.

In all honesty, that SOB is probably looking down on us laughing at the shit sandwich we all still have to deal with, thats only seemingly getting shittier by the day..

Man, sad to hear. He had a rough exterior but was a solid dude. I wondered if he hadn't been battling something for a while because he has had a low profile for several months. A heart attack would not fit that profile, so maybe there was another reason for his inactivity here. Either way, I will miss his brand of humor and pot-stirring. Prayers for his family in their loss.

RIP.

Add him to our beloved and departed

@VeerG
@sgt1947
@Ravenworks
@MtnCreek

Creek and I didnt always agree and we always got along dandy.
One day, a box shows up on my doorstep.
Inside is something black and hard. Roundish, 10” long, and needs plugged in!!
And now, whenever I make sous vide, there will be a memory of great laughs about it and how it would never work for very long (4 years now).

He just sent it out of the blue cause he knew I love cooking and that I didnt have one.

I been missing him for a while.
How to honor him, with something thatd make him smile...

2069219473_d5660d8e34_b.jpg

Hope to see you in glory, brother.

I, like so many others, am deeply saddened to hear of our dear friend MtnCreeks (Jason's) passing. He was one helluva guy. Spoke his mind with ZERO regrets and I'm damn proud to have known him and prouder yet to call him a friend. We shared a lot of behind the scenes banter via phone and computer. Jason did more than anyone knows behind the scenes when we were going full tilt doing our Squirrel stuff. He and Veer did not want ANY attention or credit for what they did, and they did it BIG! Funny thing is, like powdahound, Jason and I shared the love of cooking and sent things back and forth to share with each other fairly often. Then he got into Sous VIde and tried to sell it on me to try. All of a sudden this box shows up, like when I 1st started putting together AR's. He couldn't believe I didn't own any so he sent me, out of the blue, 10 brand new PMAGS. My very 1st ones. Anyhow, the Sous Vide thingy shows up and I'm like what do I do with this? Well, long story kinda short. That was 4 or 5 yrs ago and I've never used it until last week. For some reason before hearing of his untimely passing I broke it out and said screw it, I'm gonna try this thing out on some crappy Chuck Steak to break it down and see what it does. lol Turned out pretty damn good. Jason, you will be missed Brother, you really will. Godspeed Brother, you blessed many people with your kindness behind the scenes, and triggered more than a few in public.

I, like so many others, am deeply saddened to hear of our dear friend MtnCreeks (Jason's) passing. He was one helluva guy. Spoke his mind with ZERO regrets and I'm damn proud to have known him and prouder yet to call him a friend. We shared a lot of behind the scenes banter via phone and computer. Jason did more than anyone knows behind the scenes when we were going full tilt doing our Squirrel stuff. He and Veer did not want ANY attention or credit for what they did, and they did it BIG! Funny thing is, like powdahound, Jason and I shared the love of cooking and sent things back and forth to share with each other fairly often. Then he got into Sous VIde and tried to sell it on me to try. All of a sudden this box shows up, like when I 1st started putting together AR's. He couldn't believe I didn't own any so he sent me, out of the blue, 10 brand new PMAGS. My very 1st ones. Anyhow, the Sous Vide thingy shows up and I'm like what do I do with this? Well, long story kinda short. That was 4 or 5 yrs ago and I've never used it until last week. For some reason before hearing of his untimely passing I broke it out and said screw it, I'm gonna try this thing out on some crappy Chuck Steak to break it down and see what it does. lol Turned out pretty damn good. Jason, you will be missed Brother, you really will. Godspeed Brother, you blessed many people with your kindness behind the scenes, and triggered more than a few in public.
Well said, and it's REALLY good to hear from you again, Brother. Don't stay gone so long!

Now theres a name I aint seen in a while...
How you doing sir?

Reactions: 1J04 and Snipe260
@1J04 @powdahound76 and anyone else into cooking and steaks.. check out this dude's channel for some awesome ideas and experiments..

The salt cured egg yolks and the garlic + bone marrow compound butter are friggin out of this world

I have been watching this channel for some time. Has some interesting ideas. I have never tried any of them yet because I am a purist when it comes to steak. Use great meat, dry age it, keep the prep simple, sous-vide it, and let the flavor you paid for come through.

I have been watching this channel for some time. Has some interesting ideas. I have never tried any of them yet because I am a purist when it comes to steak. Use great meat, dry age it, keep the prep simple, sous-vide it, and let the flavor you paid for come through.
You have your own dry age set up? Or use the Umai bags??