• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MTM ammo box?

JWEvans

Devil Dog
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2012
NC
Is the MTM Deluxe Flip-Top ammo box the best for the price or who prefers a different brand? Thanks.

Re: MTM ammo box?

mtm's my favorite ammo box. some of there boxes seem expensive but i have yet to have any one hinge fail or box break in any way. i have over 50 different mtm boxs in various sizes.

Good to know they will not break easily because I am done with the cheap ones. Thanks for the feedback.

I have several and I like them.

But I prefer the USGI ammo cans because they don't bulge at the top, which makes me wonder about the seal.

Obviously, I shouldn't overload the boxes, but some stuff just has its own ways of fitting inside.

Greg

MTM's are great boxes. They have a new "mechanical" hinge on them that really makes them great over the one piece hinge they use to have and the cheaper one had.

I have some USGI boxes that I keep a lot of miscellaneous stuff in but I am convinced so I will get a couple MTM boxes for ammo.