• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision MTM magnifier?

bantaman2

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2011
Washington [WA]
Has anyone used an MTM magnifier? If so, does it truest enhance the capability of the unit? Also, does anyone know a place to get them, or to modify existing magnifiers to fit?

The Night Optics site had the Raytheon 3x Magnifier that fit both the Patrol and the MTM and those cost $1500. I've had a couple of them and they are great. But, unfortunately, N-O seems to have gone "poof" ... so not sure where we can get the Raytheon 3x any more. The Torrey Pines magnifiers should also fit, but those have shown prices of $2,500 !!

And, yes for the patrol the 3x Raytheons are GREAT. But, none of those magnifiers can be "shot" ... just used for observing. But even just for observing I think they are worth the $1500 ... but not sure about the $2500 ...

If I had an MTM but wanted more magnification and couldn't find a Raytheon, I'd probably sell it and get an Axion.

==
Patrol with Raytheon 3x

48334157987_117c53dc6c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bantaman2