• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Mudathlons or Tough Mudders, anyone here do them?

Eagle1*

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2006
Ohio
I am going to be running in one of the Mudathlons and was wondering if any of you have done them and would recommend a training regiman for them. I am thinking running, sit ups, push ups etc. Anything else I am missing??

www.mudathlon.com

Re: Mudathlons or Tough Mudders, anyone here do them?

Recommend you train by running a 3-mile course, STOPPING every 45sec to complete a body-weight exercise (e.g. burpees, mtn climbers, push/pull variations, lunges, squats, etc) for a duration of 1min. Critical to be able to rip the strength-based obstacles with an elevated heart rate.

Tailor your exercises based on the kinematic motions required to compete the 40 obstacles. Used this tactic while training for the 2011 Mid-Atlantic TM. Worked flawlessly.

Train HARDER than the expected course/obstacles and you do fine. Also, run in hilly terrain for max loading. Don't fret special attire or 'magic' ninja-like gloves for conquering the obstacles. Ran in cargo shorts for the TM and didn't even use gloves. Hydrate like a mad man for training workouts and lead ups to the event.

Note: Have no SA on the Mudathon, but what works for a TM will work for this event.

Have a blast and blaze on!