• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mueller APT question?

stillbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2008
Tupelo, MS
After much reading of reviews on low end glass I purchased a Mueller APT to put on my 17hmr.
All of the reviews said for $150 the glass and paralax are great for the price. I found this to be true.
The adjustments are sufficient (very spongey, not a solid click) but I believe too soft, as in they will rotate if rubbed against something.

After zeroing the rifle I attempted to reset the turrets to "0"
I was unable to do so on both windage and elevation. I can get .25moa before or .50moa past zero.
If you own one of these did you had this issue? if so how did you resolve it?

Re: Mueller APT question?

you can only zero every second adjustment mark...ie every .5 moa. You should be able to get zero right on or it will be .25 to one side or the other.

I didn't find it to be an issue though.

This is an issue. If you can't get to zero the turrets might as well be a turd hanging off the side of your scope.

photo-1.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Considering the price/features of these scopes it isn't a huge deal as far as I can see. All you need to remember is you are .25 (1 click) above your "0" mark. You want to go up 10moa...turn dial unil 10.25 is on the mark and shoot.

It is less than perfect but again, price plays a role. I have no idea why Mueller would put the scope out in this fashion, I'm sure it wouldn't have taken much to change the design a little to allow a true "zero".

BTW - from the looks of your windage dial, you should be able to lift and set it back down on zero.

Yeah, I realize in this day you get what you pay for. When I talk to Mueller if they dont have a solution I will probably get creative with some acetone and testors model paint. I guess the only reason I am making an issue of this is that clarity of the glass is astounding for $150! It makes my Bushnell Elite 3200 look like it came out of a Cracker Jack box.

I really liked my mueller and found the glass and adjustment to be very good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stillbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I realize in this day you get what you pay for. When I talk to Mueller if they dont have a solution I will probably get creative with some acetone and testors model paint. I guess the only reason I am making an issue of this is that clarity of the glass is astounding for $150! It makes my Bushnell Elite 3200 look like it came out of a Cracker Jack box. </div></div>

Dude, just leave it.

It is an awsome scope.

So what if your zero is off by .25moa.

I've been out to 1300 yards with mine and looked at objects at 1900 yards(didn't shoot at 1900 though)

Shoot it for a year before you start modifing it, a year from now you won't care about the .25moa