• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mullerworks barrels?

mheimer_45

Life’s tougher if your stupid
Minuteman
May 19, 2013
NW Kansas
I’ve been searching for a new barrel for one of my Howa rifles. Looking into Mullerworks. Anybody have any experience with them? They are the same price as a Krieger from SPR. Are they in the same range quality wise? I’ve already have a krieger and two Bartleins. Just looking into something else.

Reactions: Rim_fire Rowdy
No experience with Mullerworks, so no comment on those.

But Hawkhill and Brux are also in stock at SPR, and those are also worth consideration.

Gotcha.

I've only read good things about Mullerworks, but no personal experience.

Hopefully others that have can chime in.

MW barrels shoot lights fucking out. Dan Muller been around a long time and knows what he's doing...his barrels are very well regarded. I've shot many MW...shooting one on my 22BR right now and it's hammering.

In my 223rem Tl3 barrel review and testing, the MW shot the best of all of them (Bartlein, Krieger, MW, Shilen, Benchmark)...

I have an 8 groove Muller barrel on this 22. CZ 452 with no tuner, bedded into a Boyd’s tacticool. With the right lot of ammo this rifle is dominant in 100’ 22 benchrest. It’s hilarious! You should see the the lineups this rifle has beaten.
2BE75E23-BE0B-4731-A063-462C17CC0BA8.jpeg

Reactions: kthomas
I have one chambered in .243 Win, it shoots whatever I put through it.

Reactions: Terry Cross
For a few years I only used mullerworks. Never had a dud and they all shot far better than me. Still have a few

Damn you Dom. You always make me spend money. An exceptional barrel means I have to get rid of the flimsy stock. And might as well true the action up while I’m at it. But you’ve never let me down. The last keystone Bartlein you recommended for my ar is a freaking hammer.

Reactions: padom and kthomas
Damn you Dom. You always make me spend money. An exceptional barrel means I have to get rid of the flimsy stock. And might as well true the action up while I’m at it. But you’ve never let me down. The last keystone Bartlein you recommended for my ar is a freaking hammer.

Go all out!

I have a Muellerworks 6BR barrel done up by SPR. It shoots very well, guess im going to be the outlier though in saying the inside bore finish isnt as nice as my brux and bartleins barrels. Very noticeable tooling marks. It holds a little more copper as well and requires more frequent cleaning. It certainly shoots quite well though so im not complaining. This is only a sample of one though so maybe not very representative of all their barrels of which i normally only hear praises.

I had a mullerworks 260 barrel on my AI. Seemed to shoot as well as any other top tier barrel I’ve had. Also seemed to be 50-75 FPS faster.

My understanding is that Broughton Barrels was sold to/or bought by Mueller Works and the latter produces some excellent barrels as did the former. I myself have not owned or shot either of the two but some well respected shooters and gunsmiths that I have communications with have spoken positively about Mueller Works.

Pretty much can't go wrong with any of the Wisconsin barrel makers.

While MW probably makes very good center fire barrels, bench rest rimfire barrels are supposedly
top tier. Now yea many times in shooting sports its follow the leader in equipment but MW and Shilen rule rimfire
bench rest.