• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Multi caliber options

zzzzbzt

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2024
New York
I'm looking into my first custom build and would like to hear options for a setup that will run both long and short action.

I just don't really want to have more than one center-fire rifle and I just like magnums.

A quick change barrel feature is the main ask but would like 60 degree bolt throw are. I was looking at the Terminus Zeus but their bolt face options appear limited.

Is this something that's even possible for less than the $11k AI platforms?

Thanks!

Zues has 223, 308, and Mag bolt faces. I think he also has ARC/PPC bolts now too. You’d have to call and check. What are you looking for?

Zues has 223, 308, and Mag bolt faces. I think he also has ARC/PPC bolts now too. You’d have to call and check. What are you looking for?
The main calibers I'd like to run out of it are 308, 6.5CM, and 300WM. I looked at the Zeus - if that's the way to go then great!

The main calibers I'd like to run out of it are 308, 6.5CM, and 300WM. I looked at the Zeus - if that's the way to go then great!
308 and 6.5 are the same bolt face, and is standard from every manufacturer, and the 300 win mag is a magnum bolt face also standard from every manufacturer.

The Zeus would require 2 bolts to be able to run those calibers which isn’t a big deal. Simply loosen the 2 set screws, spin barrel off, new barrel on, tighten 2 set screw and swap bolts.
Done

308 and 6.5 are the same bolt face, and is standard from every manufacturer, and the 300 win mag is a magnum bolt face also standard from every manufacturer.

The Zeus would require 2 bolts to be able to run those calibers which isn’t a big deal. Simply loosen the 2 set screws, spin barrel off, new barrel on, tighten 2 set screw and swap bolts.
Done

Fantastic, I wasn't certain based on the website! My only other question is I've heard of feeding issues for short action cartridges in a long action, is there a fix I need to do for that?

Reactions: Matt_3479
I have the setup you are looking for. A Terminus Zeus QC CIP long action. Just order the bolts you plan on running. I believe it was accurate mags where I bought the magazines for: 308, 300WM, and 338 LM in CIP length.

308 mag

300wm / 338LM

308 mag

300wm / 338LM
Thanks for these!

Depending on what your use is, the chassis/stock options really make the Terminus a versatile option.

Have heavy target rifles (3), but at roughly 18lbs each it limited them to only fun shooting. I ended up effectively replacing the 3 with 2 Terminus Zeus Quick change based rifles (Long and short actions) in MDT HNT26 chassis. Calibers span from. 223 to 338LM. Very happy with them.

This is exactly what I wanted some 20 years ago when I built my first custom. On the original I ran multiple calibers as well, but got tired of stripping everything off to change calibers, and rezeroing after each change. The new setups are consistent and repeatable.

Joel was kind enough to drill holes so that I can access the qc set screws. Literally about 1 minute to change calibers.

Last edited:
MRADs, AXSRs, and DTs are pretty expensive rifles.