• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Multi-Caliber Pistol Can

The_end

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2006
PHX, AZ
I'm looking to add two suppressors to my collection and I'd like them to pretty much cover all of my regular shooters. I'd like a rifle suppressor, but there's already a good thread going on that one. I'm also looking for a decent pistol can that can handle my .40 Glocks and 9mm AR in a QD mount. I'm looking at the AWC Jupiter Eye. Anyone have another recommendation or experience with the Jupiter Eye? Is there another option in the same size out there that could also cover a .45 auto?

Re: Multi-Caliber Pistol Can

Well this will not come as a surprise to anybody, I own and use a Jupitor's eye.

But I have questions:

1. "9mm AR in a QD mount," When you use a QD mount, the whole of the QD has no suppression value, it is just precious envelope (can) real estate wasted hiding a mount within it. Given that, why a QD on your 9mm AR? Are you QD your pistols? NO, you are not.

The Jupitor's Eye has a removeable, swapable rear thread component that can go from dynamic Neilson to static SMG. In that regard you have done well. Throwing a Neilson on a SMG wears the unit badly. Same thing for semi in your AR. But, there is NO pistol unit that is QD and is static.

More info please.

SilencerCo Osprey 45.

Buy the pistons for whatever other calibers/thread pitches you want.

An all aluminum, piston driven off axis on your 9mm AR?

Static mount, in any can you want, might be a good idea.

6t72.jpg

PS - No 9mm is going to suppress well with a .45 overbore.

I'm not sure if it can handle .40 , but you might want to research the SWR Trident before making your final decision .I really like mine ...

I was set on the Trident but would like something that could handle a .40 as well. .45 is wishful thinking but I thought I'd ask since I'm not very experienced with suppressors, I only own one. A local dealer here has the Trident for $510 which is appealing.

As for the mount, I forgot about Glocks needing the ND. I'll obviously be limited to a can with different mounts available, but most seem to have plenty of options.

I'd love to have the Ospray on a 1911... but not on an AR or Glock. Aesthetics count for something.