• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Multi Caliber Suppressor Recc

Hit

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2012
Looking for recc for my first larger caliber can (I have a 22 Spectre can). Here are the guns I want to use it on:

6 different 16+" AR's
1 10.5" barrel AR
1 7.5" barrel AR
1 300 Blkout 10.5" barrel
3 different 7.62x39 with 16+" barrels
6.5 Creed with 22" barrel
.243 with 24" barrel
2 9mm carbines, both 16" barrels
9mm pistol

So obviously I'm very concerned about cost of the mounting system components. I want to look at it as total cost, not just cost of the suppressor. And for sure I don't understand all the mount options and how they work. I did notice a post saying a member here makes mounts at a lower cost than anyone else. Can I get contact info for him?

My criteria include max diameter of 1.5" to go under rails. And I'd like to stay under $1000 price, may go to $1100. But won't look at anything over $1100 for sure. Not including the tax stamp. Length and weight is more important to me than the db rating. I think I'll be pretty happy with a reasonable sound reduction. User serviceable is a plus, but I won't use it at all on 22LR. Low blowback for semi auto and not much POI shift for bolts. Asking too much??

I was just about to order the Griffin Optimus Gen 2, but thought I should post here to get more feedback first.

Which three? I assume Hybrid and Optimus are two of the three.

Do yourself a favor. Get two cans. Get a dedicated pistol can. Then rifle get a dear air sandman with a ton of muzzle brakes lol.

dead air has one of the best mounting systems in the business. Easy to swap back and forth from gun to gun.

pistol can I got a .45 caliber can even though I only shoot 9mm. Partly because you never know what you will end up with and I can shoot .300 BO subs through it.

Can’t mount dead air under a rail, not sure how high that is on the priority list for you but an under rail can on a 556 gun gets HOT fast, so that’s something to consider.

Who says you can't mount Deadair under a rail? If it's a Nomad, yea, that does fit, but Sandman series does.

Edit - Of course it also depends on the rail.

If you wanna keep cost down then get a Saker and an Omega 9k. Then you won't have junk, won't pay out the ass, and they make a ton of different mounts and endcaps.

If you upped it to 3 you could get those two but get the Saker in 5.56 and then something else in .30 --maybe another Saker.

I never was able to be satisfied with one or two cans, I tried. Prefer dedicated cans so I have quite a few.

There's usually someone willing or wanting to sell a can but due to the situation it's not that easy. If you ran an ad to buy in your state, you may get some bites for used cans. But you wanna do that in-state. Try your ranges, local forums, etc.

I was referring to dear airs QD system since the sandman was being discussed. you need to get a hand on the locking ring to rotate it which you can’t do if it’s under a rail

• Haha
Reactions: Kadams1563
You don't do anything with the locking ring. You just twist the can. As long as you can get your hand on the can with a good enough grip, you are fine.

I was referring to dear airs QD system since the sandman was being discussed. you need to get a hand on the locking ring to rotate it which you can’t do if it’s under a rail
Uhhh you don’t know anything about dead air cans. The SiCO ASR mount has a locking ring. I have one of those as well but since converted it to a dead air mount. All you do is slide it on and ratchet it down.

Reactions: BootyLord
I have 2 dead air cans but neither are QD. my bad I thought you bad to twist the lock ring.

Reactions: Kadams1563
I only want one can. Who knows what the future holds. But right now, I only plan to buy one multi caliber. I may have to consider two, as I don't think most of them will also do 9mm. Which ones will do all of the calibers I listed? I assume 9mm being the largest diameter of what I listed, so I need to look for a can that will do 9mm.

1.5" diameter is non negotiable. Actually, it can be up to 1.55". But preference for 1.50".

I read that KeyMo mounts eliminate the concern for a suppressor getting stuck under a rail where you can't get to it. Is that ture?

Forgetting the 9mm for a moment...
*Omega 300 is one I considered, but just a touch too large at 1.56". It's so close, it may work.
*I also need to check specs on the Omega 9k. Can it handle 6.5 Creed/556/243?
* Resonator K. It's 1.56" as well. And hard to find because of it's low price and superior sound reduction.
*Hybrid 46 is 1.57", so again, just a touch too large. But moreso, poor db reduction.
*Griffin Bushwhacker 46 2.0 is on my list.
*Chimera 300 is too large at 1.60".
*Optimus 2.0 is on my list.
*EA Vox-K is on my list.
*Rugged Micro 30 is on my list
*And I guess I need to look more closely at the Sandman S

Will anything on that list above handle the 9mm?

Do not run any rifle caliber through the Omega 9k except MAYBE .300 BO with Subs.

pistols cans and rifle cans are too far apart. For one pistol cans get dirty as heck and don’t burn themselves out and sort of self clean like rifle cans do.

you can look at getting one of the hybrid cans I guess and just put a 9mm end cap on it and run everything through it.

why are you wanting a suppressor anyway? I thought they were going to be so cool and thought I had to have one. I went from a brake, suppressor, back to brake pretty quickly on my precision’s guns. My .22 stays suppressed just because I bought a .22 can. Pistols with a suppressor are cool but not practical in the least bit. My pistol cans stays on a 9mm SBR. My rifle can just stays on a 11.5 SBR5.56just because I have it and wanted to use it in something.

suppressors are cool for a few weeks and then don’t get used much after that unless everyone yiur shooting with has one. If a hunting gun that makes sense as well.

You're asking waaaaay too much from one can and are probably going to end up with a POS especially if you go the griffin route. You need about 3 cans to properly do everything you're asking, but I appreciate your optimism.

For the first time there's actually a can that does the carbine and precision rifle applications great, the Dominus-SR, but its not 1.5". You also run into the issue of a retention device which a carbine can really should have and fitting under hand guards.

Personally I'd get a Dominus-SR and ditch the long hand guards. Then get a Omega 9K or something similar for the 9mm/300BLK application.

Dominus SR is way past my price limit. And not 1.5".

So it sounds like what I'm looking for does not exist?? Even if beyond my cost limit?

Anything on my list that will do 9mm?

SiCo Omega, dead air sandman both do great on carbine and precision guns.

I’d go dead air sandman with as many brake attachments you need them get anOmega 9, 9k, or 45.

I've got 7 AR's (won't bother me if I can't use the can on the 7.5" AR) and 3 of the 762x39's. So my top priority is a can that will work on those.

OK, down to a list of five:
Omega 300
Optimus
Rugged Micro 30
Resonator K
Sandman S

Comment on those?

It would be nice to have one website to go to to get all of the specs and some comments on each suppressor. For a newbie like me, a list of the calibers each one works with would really help too. I've spent hours upon hours researching this!!

Last edited:
Any other input? I'd like to decide and get the clock rolling.

Regardless of what it is, there isn't a single thing that can replace dedicated options. Mutli-role aircraft are cool but none perform the certain missions as well as purpose-driven designs (see the A-10.) Figure out which single firearm you want suppressed the most and go from there.

You listed 17 different firearms. I'm willing to bet you rarely take out a couple of them and bought for the "everyone needs a..." or it was the cool flavor of the day. Sell some safe queens and put those funds towards a can

Have you looked at the Energetic Armament VOX S it may do most of the rifles you want to do. If you use the Area 419 Hellfire mounting system the cost is only $40 for each rifle and a one time $90 for the can adapter?

I'm not sure why the hate for Griffin Armament. I just took apart a Paladin and a BW46 and they both seem very well finished and thoroughly engineered to me. My BW46 is a Gen1. and I have only used it on a 45acp, a 223, and a 9mm pistol so far, but it worked and sounded great on all of those. I was a little salty about the Gen2 coming out before my stamp was approved, but when the issue was brought up to GA, they came out with a plan where you can get a full set of the new baffles for something around $200 if memory serves. It comes with a taper mount adapter and a Neilson device, so all you need to get running is a piston for whatever pistol you'd like to run on it. I ended up getting one of their cam-lock deals and think it's pretty awesome so far. The fact that it won't loosen up on a pistol is a huge plus to me. I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that I am usually tightening up the can on a pistol about every mag or half a mag. No need with the cam-lock, it stays tight.

Just so it doesn't seem like I'm fan boying it up too bad here, I also have TBAC, SilencerCo, Rugged and Dead Air cans. I have tried a lot of different ones and I think that most of them are pretty good these days. If you have any questions and I could be of help, let me know.

Reactions: AK4900PA
I'm not sure why the hate for Griffin Armament. I just took apart a Paladin and a BW46 and they both seem very well finished and thoroughly engineered to me. My BW46 is a Gen1. and I have only used it on a 45acp, a 223, and a 9mm pistol so far, but it worked and sounded great on all of those. I was a little salty about the Gen2 coming out before my stamp was approved, but when the issue was brought up to GA, they came out with a plan where you can get a full set of the new baffles for something around $200 if memory serves. It comes with a taper mount adapter and a Neilson device, so all you need to get running is a piston for whatever pistol you'd like to run on it. I ended up getting one of their cam-lock deals and think it's pretty awesome so far. The fact that it won't loosen up on a pistol is a huge plus to me. I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that I am usually tightening up the can on a pistol about every mag or half a mag. No need with the cam-lock, it stays tight.

Just so it doesn't seem like I'm fan boying it up too bad here, I also have TBAC, SilencerCo, Rugged and Dead Air cans. I have tried a lot of different ones and I think that most of them are pretty good these days. If you have any questions and I could be of help, let me know.

I was wondering this myself. I have suppressors from Q, SAS, Rugged and Griffin and have used cans from YHM, AAC and SilencerCo. I'm very satisfied with my Griffin Paladin and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to someone. It's my go to can for my short barrel AR's.

I do however agree that any stamp collector should have at least 3 suppressors. Rimfire, pistol and centerfire rifle.

Late reply, but wanted to thank everyone that replied on the thread. It absolutely helped.

I ended up ordering a Griffin Bushwhacker 46 Gen 2. Now for the wait.

Reactions: AllenOne1
You'll like the BW 46. I think it's a great choice. I've run mine on a 6.5x47, 9mm and 45acp so far and it sounds great. I've also taken it apart and its easy and painless to clean and put back together. Mine is a Gen 1, so your's will be even better.

Thanks NWnewguy. Just wish I didn't have the 6-8 month wait for it! Does anyone think the wait times will be affected by Mr. Biden and company?