• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Multi Caliber Suppressor

arkansashntr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
Hot Springs, AR
Looking at getting a suppressor to use on my .308 and 5.56. I've looked at the AAC SDN-6 and the YHM Phantom Ti. I'm not looking for a bargain suppressor to pull double duty on these guns. I will be shooting off hand as well as prone with the 5.56 so weight is somewhat of an issue.

Anyone have any experience with these or other brand suppressors?

Thanks

Re: Multi Caliber Suppressor

I have no experience, but plan on running my TBAC on both fwiw...once ATF releases it..lol.

TBAC 30P-1 is what I am using on 223, 6.5 and 308.

Could not be happier.

AWC THOR TI in the .308 I have it pending and they are light and awesome. PGG

Thunderbeast.

Also consider the SAS, in particular the Arbiter Ti if you don't plan to shoot at a high rate of fire. Otherwise the stainless version is nice. My titanium Arbiter is much larger but significantly lighter than my steel 556 can. It's a quality, light can at a budget price. It's another good option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arkansashntr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking at getting a suppressor to use on my .308 and 5.56. I've looked at the AAC SDN-6 and the YHM Phantom Ti. I'm not looking for a bargain suppressor to pull double duty on these guns. I will be shooting off hand as well as prone with the 5.56 so weight is somewhat of an issue.

Anyone have any experience with these or other brand suppressors?

Thanks

</div></div>

The new OSS Mission Gen 4 suppressors (www.oss-online.com) have replacable internals, including the locking block, so you can have one can with several sets of internals. I believe you have to have a second tax stamp on the second set of internals, but it keeps the overall cost down.

i have a M4-2000, and needless to say, it's heavy. i have a 762SDN-6 coming into and that's a beast of a suppressor as well. AAC has displayed the SR7 and SR5 at SHOT, new 90t mounts, so you may want to look into that. they also have the Mini7 which uses the 51t, small and compact. a friend of mine has a Quicksilver titanium suppressor we intend to shoot soon, i'll have to report back on that, but the thing is LIGHT.

but i have to say, performance from an AAC can is good. i have no issues purchasing anything from them, but they are heavy, they're overbuilt for a reason, these suppressors are fielded by the military and rated for full auto use.

if you're not going full auto, i would look into a titanium can.

I have the YHM Phantom QD titanium. Works great for me with all my AR-type rifles. Just buy up a bunch of adapters and check thread alignment before shooting each one the first time. Light--15 oz. Simple and effective design. POI only moves about an inch at 100 yds, if any on some guns, and is repeatable.

I have become a huge fan of the Delta P Brevis. It has proven to me to be a very accurate multi caliber suppressor. Plus it is short which helps in off hand shooting (weight is closer to your body).

Here is a link to a great review.

Brevis review