• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Multi zone rifle camo

gugubica

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
There was a thread here a couple of weeks ago asking about using leaves for a camo job. I finally got around to taking some pics and thought I would share to give an option.

I used leaves as stencils, but went with more traditional colors. I thought about using some orangey color to mimic leaves better, but this worked out. I think it does a better job of blending with different areas. Just the bed of leaves is not the greatest, but I was afraid that if I matched just that, it would not blend well with other stuff.

Even though there is no gray in it, it works really well with the Oak trees that are EVERYWHERE here, as well as dirt, rock, etc. Well, anyway, here it is. Leaf and grass stencils. Krylon Tan, Brown and OD.

IMG_6271.jpg

IMG_6273.jpg

IMG_6269.jpg

Re: Multi zone rifle camo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">colors used? </div></div>
Tan base. Then brown around leaf stencils. Then olive drab through reeds for the vertical grass effect.

All Krylon Fusion camo.

this is nice but my paintaholic addiction has been drifting progressively further from the traditional "camo" colors and i think youd be well served to include a few female stenciled yellow brown and orange leaf shapes over a base like what you have then i find a light dusting of barely there tan to naturalize the look and tone down any excessive vibrancy of color issues. it should really be an overall turd color at a distance.

Very Nice. It gets me reinspired as I took apart my DPMS AR 15 to paint it over 6 months ago and it is still there naked, well a white base coat anyway. I plan to do a winter cammo effect. I will post pics when done.