• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors multicaliber suppressor

cgriff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Mississippi
This is my first post here although I have been reading for quite a while. I tried the search but haven't found what I'm looking for.

I am in the market for a suppressor that I can use mainly on my .308 Rem 700 but would also like to be able to use it on my .556 AR. I'd like to keep the weight down as much as possible but I'm on a budget of around $1000 bucks.

All the reading I have done here and on other sites has left me with the knoledge that every can is great and every can is junk. So please keep this to first hand knowledge of cans you have heard on both rifles.

Thanks,
Griff

Re: multicaliber suppressor

You can shoot a 5.56 suppressor threw a 308. It will not be as quiet though. You can go down not up in size.

It's a little more than your budget, I have shot 22lr, 223, .260rem and 308 thru my Shark, David sells thread adapters that can be changed in seconds that allow his cans to be threaded on to just about anything 308 and below, and I have seen no POI shift and any of the weapons my Shark has been on.

contact Sgt Ross here on the Hide. He has what u desire.

I have a TigerShark w/ adapters but u can't get that for a grand.

Just pick which .308 can you like best, it'll be fine on the 5.56. I tend to recommend Liberty and SAS, since I have met both David and Tim and they're both very good guys with great cans, but there are plenty of good options. You can get the Ti SAS can and the tax stamp for a grand if Tim thinks it'll be OK on an AR. David can build you whatever you want, too.

Thanks for the advice guys. There is a dealer close by that carries the Liberty cans, so I'll try to get down there and check them out. There is another class III dealer locally that I will visit when he gets back from SHOT and see what he has in stock.

My biggest consern is that I don't want to void any warranties by shooting the 30 cal can on my ar. I wasn't sure if that would be a problem or not.

You don't have to buy what the dealer has or sells, but you do need one to handle the transfer

But if at all possible buy something in stock, it can save you several weeks.

um... The form 4 will likely take a lot longer than manufacturing/shipping the thing. Contact a company and you may be able to make the purchase and get serial number to start the forms before it ships.

Sounds logical anyway, never tried it.

Look into the Advanced Armament 7.62 sd. I shoot this one on my 308,243 and 223. Price is about 750 for suppressor and 200 tax. Comes with one quick detach flash hider threaded 5/8 x 24. Also 1/2 x 28 threaded available.

Yep, 762SD. I've got one, ran it side by side with my SPR M4 on two AR15 rifles - I got the distinct impression that the 762SD might have been a tad quieter. Wish I'd bought the 762SD first, never would have had to buy the SPR M4!

As a result, now a shooting buddy has a 762SD for his Seekins/Larue AR, and Larue OBR .308 AR10. Another buddy is saving up!

Saves a ton of money and time, and shoots great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackal260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look into the Advanced Armament 7.62 sd. I shoot this one on my 308,243 and 223. Price is about 750 for suppressor and 200 tax. Comes with one quick detach flash hider threaded 5/8 x 24. Also 1/2 x 28 threaded available. </div></div>

So is AAC putting mounts back in with their rifle cans now? I know my 762SD didn't come with a mount. I had to buy that separately. I am really thinking about selling mine and upgrading to the 300SD that is coming out soon.

AAC is not sending mounts with the rifle cans. 300SD coming out soon is questionable. I have heard great reports on the shark cans, but have no personal exp. with them. Gemtech has some new 30 cal stuff out and great customer service.

My dealer just received my THM 7.62 phantom that I plan on using for multical. The adapters are cheap and well made. I will use it on a 300wm, 6.5CM and a HK33. Its a little heavy but shipped incl. stamp and transfer its $950. Major-malfunction.com has em in stock for the best price I ever found.

Superb customer service at Gemtech....AAC makes good stuff too....

I use an AAC 762SD on my 308, AR 223, and bolt 223. Works great on all 3. Love the QD mount system.

I bought the 762SD can less than a year ago and it came with one QD mount. Guess they're not including one with purchase any more.

My advice, if you go with an AAC QD style suppressor (and I recommend doing so), buy the QD muzzle brake instead of the QD flash hider. It's not a big deal but the QD hider tends to "ping" after each shot.