• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Multicam Eagle Drag Bags

Triad

Old Dude
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2003
KC
www.triadtactical.com
After a long wait, my special order of Multicam Drag Bags have arrived. Some of you that have been paying attention may remember that they showed up about two months ago, but I sent them all back. There was a production flaw that had to be fixed before I would accept them.

The good news is that per my specifications, the two carry handles have been moved forewards about 4". This puts the handles near the center of gravity of the bag. Many have commented how the standard Eagle drag bags are "nose heavy" when loaded with gear. Problem Solved......

Here is a direct link to the product on the Triad Tactical site:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Eagle-Drag-Bag.html

Re: Multicam Eagle Drag Bags

Man, that thing looks really, really good!

But, at $265 a pop, does that come strapped to the back of a Bambuti Pygmy so he can carry it around for you? Hehehehehe!

-Pat

Pat,

Even without the pygmy, the price is still about $120.00 below retail :)

Lonewolf,

Yes it did, it will be obvious the moment you pick one up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pat,

Even without the pygmy, the price is still about $120.00 below retail :)

Lonewolf,

Yes it did, it will be obvious the moment you pick one up. </div></div>

LOL! Right on, you rock baby! ;-)

I wish I hadn't just bought a drag bag because those do look really good!

I have had both, I perfer the HRSC over the DB because it also doubles as a shooting matt, but I do miss the extra compartments the DB had.

I'm interested in one of the SR-49BP cases. I don't really need a dragbag, but want a top notch soft case that will fit a tactical-style rifle and 50mm scope. Does it have the same balance issue that the orginal dragbag had? I find that really annoying!

I meant on the other bag, the SR-49B backpack case.

i placed my order with triad on friday. i told my wife that my daughter needed one.
smile.gif
waiting is the hard part....

The SR-49BP is good if you dont need a dragbag, and can get by with a little less storage room.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2_many_dogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i placed my order with triad on friday. i told my wife that my daughter needed one.
smile.gif
waiting is the hard part....</div></div>

Don't worry, you won't wait long. Steve is on top of his stuff!

Been debating this since you first posted... I couldn't take it anymore. Order submitted.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After a long wait, my special order of Multicam Drag Bags have arrived. Some of you that have been paying attention may remember that they showed up about two months ago, but I sent them all back. There was a production flaw that had to be fixed before I would accept them.

The good news is that per my specifications, the two carry handles have been moved forewards about 4". This puts the handles near the center of gravity of the bag. Many have commented how the standard Eagle drag bags are "nose heavy" when loaded with gear. Problem Solved......

Enough talk, here is a photo:

Drag_Bags_Eagle_Drag_Bag_Multicam.jpg

This photo is of a previous run, but the only difference is the location of the carry handles and those handles are now made with Multicam webbing.

Here is a direct link to the product on the Triad Tactical site:

Link to Multicam Drag Bags

</div></div>
Steve, its great that Eagle actually listened to you and altered the carry handle points for your order. Kudos' to you! It looks like Eagle may finally be conceding that the carry handle location on their Drag Bag is too far back. The carry handle location change was one of several requested/suggested improvements and changes that Tac Ops wanted a looooooooooong time ago, but which Eagle would never entertain, even for a special order from a company who sold <span style="font-style: italic">a lot</span> of Eagle drag bags and other products.

Eagle felt that their drag bag was perfect, and their response was basically <span style="font-style: italic">"Theres' nothing wrong with our drag bag and we're not going to change anything".</span> Thats' why, years ago Tac Ops designed their own drag bag and has it produced locally in Los Angeles, continuing to improve it with every successive generation design (current version Gen 4).

It will be interesting to see if Eagle makes the carry handle location change on their drag bag on the production line. Again, kudos and congratulations to you on your breakthrough with Eagle management.

Keith

Got mine today! Woohoo!!
grin.gif

I loaded it up with my rifle and associated gear / accessories. The carry handle position is perfect. The bag when held by the handles it not nose heavy or butt heavy, at all... it balances perfectly. One thing that was a somewhat pleasant surprise was the webbing on the bag. I'm used to seeing coyote webbing / straps on anything multicam. Not with this bag. Pretty much every single piece of nylon on it is multicam, inlcuding the webbing, loops, carry handles, etc. Maybe not a huge real-world practical difference between the two, but it is nice to actually have multicam when shelling out the extra $$$, as opposed to coyote with a multicam background.

The initial inspection shows that the bag is typical Eagle quality, robust and well made. While it wasn't cheap, I'm very glad I got one. I think it will work out well for my needs.

The Drag Bag/Case came in to day while I was at work.
My wife signed for it and took it inside. It didn’t take her long to open the box and lay out the bag and go over it inside and out. She was originally on me about spending way more for this soft case compared to the hard Storm 3300 case that we had originally agreed to. Very nice gun case you bought me she said when I got home. She saw the quality of construction immediately and no longer thinks the price is out of line after her hands on inspection.
I have not loaded all of my range gear in it yet but with scoped rifle, spotter, tripod, and ammo boxes, it has very nice balance. I also like the fact that this bag will fit into my future Storm 3300 purchase.
This bag will last me/my wife for a long, long time.

i used mine.... er.... my daughter let me use hers to good effect over all 3 days last weekend. i jammed rifle, ammo, scope, databook, magazines, sock, and all the assorted other crap that, um, my daughter needed. zippers stayed shut under the load that would have burst the cheap chinese knockoffs zippers (i've done it on a cheap one). can't complain about anything on this bag. eagle and triad did a great job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anybody got pics of the new one with multicam webbing ? thanks. </div></div>

Here ya go:

DSC_0011-3.jpg

DSC_0013-3.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0017-2.jpg

Mmmmmm Multicam, Someone needs to give Crye the best idea in years award. The bags look great. Once i build my next system, i will have to have one. My precious....

The Multicam is very effective, in a recent school, the one guy that had it didn't get "caught" in the Concealment and Stalking exercises. He had skill as well, but the ones with Woodland stuck out like sore thumbs.

As for Triad, I just got in the base Eagle drag bag, scope/muzzle kit, stock pack, rear bag and book cover(all MC)(waiting on Impact to get the rnr paper). Triad was fast with the shipping and speaking of which has people in the shipping that is saving them money on boxing. They don't waste box space and packed things right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the stitching on the Eagle compared to others? </div></div>

All of the Eagle stuff I have is top-shelf - materials, workmanship, design. The stiching on my brief case zipper wore out after carrying it everyday for about fifteen years (stuffed); they re-stitched it and had it back to me in like two days....

I'd rank Kifaru right up there at the top, too, and definitely prefer to buy American when I can.

Buy with confidence.

Cheers,

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that looks great. Now I might have to order one
smile.gif
thanks for the pics ! </div></div>

Same here.
cool.gif
What's the price on these? Do they also come with a shoulder strap?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: applevalleyjoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that looks great. Now I might have to order one
smile.gif
thanks for the pics ! </div></div>

Same here.
cool.gif
What's the price on these? Do they also come with a shoulder strap? </div></div>

they have shoulder straps/ backpack style.

Thank you to those that were waiting so long for these.

And for those that have asked, YES these have the carry handles that are moved forward so the bag balances better.

I just got my bag a few days ago and it is top notch. It fits my AI AW 26 inch barrel as though it were custom made for it. Its nice when you can find a bag that fits this well. I was very impressed that almost every piece of material was multi cam. This is the only drag bag I have seen that uses 99.9% multi cam. The construction is bomb proof.

The handles being moved forward four inches is a huge improvement and allows the drag bag to balance perfectly when loaded.

Steve shipped out the same day I placed my order.

I also received a few Triad AI mag pouches that are also top notch.

Great doing business with you Steve and look forward to my next order.

Nice bags, just got one, wish I wouldn't have now. Really want one of these! I agree though, need some outdoor pics.

Not out in the sticks photos ( I went to the lake instead) but here is what I have:

P6180072.jpg

P6180070.jpg

You can see the all Multicam edge tape and webbing. Also not the position of the the carry handles, which have been moved forward at the request of Triad.

Here is the link again.